BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

After they said about giving the family time to grieve the cameras just zoom in focusing on the family in the distance…. Not needed…

The UK feed ended coverage at 1656, now it's straight to weather.

The mess continues, Matthew is cut off at the start and the headlines music is late.

Doesn't seem like E even has the shorter intro loaded at all. Someone needs to clear old packages out when it's out of use later.

Doesn't matter if E is only temporary right now, they should have had all the new intros and everything else loaded in by today.
[-] The following 4 users Like Renap's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, James, Worzel

The old WN titles ran at 1700BST on the UK feed.

Matthew is doing third hour, so it is Yalda who got the short shift (may be because she is often away reporting in the East? Anyway, feel sorry for her, Impact was great).
And they somehow botched the opening of the hour, starting with close-up shot of Matthew mid-sentence with music starting several seconds later.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

Do they actually have staff in the gallery today, or have they all been made redundant? So many mess-ups during the day with title sequences being cut off, TOTH sequences cutting in late, inconsistent title sequences. Not impressive at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reith85's post:
  • bkman1990, Pips2022

At the TOTH you could see the Breaking News Opt Out team with LVJ who must be some sort of a hero of the day.

[Image: vlcsnap-00038.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00039.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap-00040.jpg]
[-] The following 7 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, matthieu1221, oscillon, Reith85, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 04:25 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  My guess is that Matthew's shift is from 16.00 to 18.00 CET and Yalda will do 18.00 CET to 21.00 CET. This way, all 4 main presenters will have 2 hour shifts on the UK feed, with Lucy and Yalda' losing an hour to national news.

My guess is that Yalda is in the mornings somewhere along the lines. Either 9-12 and not available today or something like 7-10 and therefore not on air due to the launch not having happened.
Ben Thompson getting something like 10-12 and the 14:30 WBR would be in line with what Sally Bundock has done in the early mornings the past couple of years and would be another way to reduce costs by removing the need for a business presenter.

Can they just produce these videoclips in correct technical specs?  Dodgy
The version they aired from the Studio C gallery does not have this error.

[Image: 1680538396_2080094286.png]

Matthew sounds like he's losing his voice?

I don't recall him ever sounding this croaky when I last saw him present (some time ago mind you!).
[-] The following 3 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, UTVLifer