BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Just for the record, are World still using two separate presenters from C for 05:00-07:00 and 07:00-09:00?

(05-04-2023, 04:30 PM)DTV Wrote:  Just for the record, are World still using two separate presenters from C for 05:00-07:00 and 07:00-09:00?

Yes.
[-] The following 2 users Like EverythingFavs's post:
  • bkman1990, DTV

(04-04-2023, 05:21 PM)Kriston Lewis Wrote:  Looks like an "Across the UK" segment just went out on the international feed.

Which one though? There are 7 in all.

(05-04-2023, 05:55 PM)Jimbo2022 Wrote:  
(04-04-2023, 05:21 PM)Kriston Lewis Wrote:  Looks like an "Across the UK" segment just went out on the international feed.

Which one though? There are 7 in all.

I'm pretty sure BBC World News doesn't do ad breaks some times, which is why people see those "This Week in History" fillers.
[-] The following 2 users Like bakamann's post:
  • bkman1990, xlalonce

I wonder how Saturday and Sunday lunchtime national bulletins fit into this new world. Previously they would have been hosted by a News Channel presenter as part of their shift

Are they going to be presented by one of unknown World faces, or perhaps the presenter on duty as part of the UK breaking news team

(05-04-2023, 06:45 PM)bakamann Wrote:  
(05-04-2023, 05:55 PM)Jimbo2022 Wrote:  Which one though? There are 7 in all.
I'm pretty sure BBC World News doesn't do ad breaks some times, which is why people see those "This Week in History" fillers.
Yep, they don't sell adverts for every single slot - with how many are sold varying from region to region; so that's why you have breakfillers and, more lately, This Week in History - something to fall back on in the absence of ads.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • bob, chrisherald

Good to see Nicky Schiller at the touch screen in the newsroom earlier.

Are the "presenter correspondent" roles still going to be a thing?
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bob, TVFan, UTVLifer

No mention in headlines about SNP / Murrell.

This is dodgy territory for BBC News to be seen to not be covering such an important political story.
[-] The following 3 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • bkman1990, freeaxe, UTVLifer

It’s the second story on the website. It would be quite unusual if a story that prominent on the website is not a major story on the bulletins.

Of course as it’s a ongoing legal case there is not a lot the BBC can report through.

(05-04-2023, 01:40 PM)leewilliams Wrote:  
(05-04-2023, 10:01 AM)Worzel Wrote:  They did get a Scotland Correspondent on the phone, not Zoom, the phone and they basically re-read out what Samantha had just said.
Shame Samantha couldn’t even pronounce Catriona Renton’s name correctly - and made it worse by repeatedly saying it.

One thing we can say, the channel are certainly getting their money’s worth from their on-air personnel - 40 minutes after Celia Hatton hosted the breakout stream on the contaminated blood report update, she was back on the combined service acting as a correspondent on Macron’s visit to China. An efficient use of resources, but pretty confusing to the viewer, I’d have thought, to see the presenter become reporter in a short space of time.

I find it funny when a presenter hosts the news, and then pops up straight after hosting World Business Report and then straight after back with the news, introducing themselves each time. Gives the feeling that there is nobody else there. If it wasn’t for the BBC Sport Centre I’d expect studio E to turn yellow and the same presenter to then host the sport as well
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • chrisherald