BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(21-04-2023, 12:06 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(21-04-2023, 10:38 AM)whistlerpro Wrote:  Has Westminster ever been captioned as "South London" before?
I don't think I've ever seen South London before, but BBC World News was always inconsistent when it came to captioning Westminster - sometimes going with Westminster, sometimes with London - really the kind of thing you'd expect to have a style guide for.

Plus Westminster is Central London, not South London.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chris's post:
  • interestednovice

Really impressed with SKY News coverage today
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheJarv's post:
  • interestednovice

(21-04-2023, 11:00 AM)mark Wrote:  The UK feed has opted out now, with coverage presented from College Green. This means that the breaking news strap now just refers to Dominic Raab as Deputy PM without a 'UK' in front of it.
LVJ crossed over to Nancy Kacingura there shortly after the beginning of 10am hour, thus she did most of the presenting during that hour as well, handing back to LVJ only about ten minutes before the end of the hour.

Was 10am carried on the World in full, ditching HardTalk? Did not see any hint of a junction at the end of the first half-hour... The ticker remained internationalized throughout the hour

UPD Just caught up with the end of the 10am hour, LVJ made a teaser for the World audience, so it appears Raab coverage went on World uninterrupted as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • interestednovice

(21-04-2023, 12:42 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(21-04-2023, 11:00 AM)mark Wrote:  The UK feed has opted out now, with coverage presented from College Green. This means that the breaking news strap now just refers to Dominic Raab as Deputy PM without a 'UK' in front of it.
LVJ crossed over to Nancy Kacingura there shortly after the beginning of 10am hour, and she did most of the presenting during that hour as well.

Was 10am carried on the World in full, ditching HardTalk? Did not see any hint of a junction at the end of the first half-hour... The ticker remained internationalized throughout the hour
World stayed with Studio E until 1056.
[-] The following 3 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon

(21-04-2023, 10:38 AM)whistlerpro Wrote:  Has Westminster ever been captioned as "South London" before?

Considering Westminster isn't South London, that's some unprofessionalism going on there... The sort of gaffes there's been too many of that makes you wonder if there is some sort of intentional sabotage going on in protest at this stripped back operation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • interestednovice

Why are we getting around the Uk even though it’s a bulletin for world viewers they haven’t removed the now useless flipper so the subtitles are covered too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • interestednovice

BBC News' schedule website page for international and national feeds have updated the image for the programme "BBC News.
[-] The following 7 users Like LTNewslover's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, oscillon, Quantum+83, Superman1986

Azadeh Moshiri on attachment.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, oscillon, Quantum+83

see the attachment responding to my earlier message.    
[-] The following 5 users Like LTNewslover's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, oscillon

(21-04-2023, 12:06 PM)DTV Wrote:  
I don't think I've ever seen South London before, but BBC World News was always inconsistent when it came to captioning Westminster - sometimes going with Westminster, sometimes with London - really the kind of thing you'd expect to have a style guide for.

Was there a previous live in south London? I do notice occasionally when you see "live" it accidentally loads up the previous location, not common, every now and then, for some years I have noticed this. Nobody is going to state Westminster is in South London, so clearly it is an error, rather than intentional. And as for the suggestions of sabotage, I should think you'd do something a bit more brash than "south London", don't you?