BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(24-04-2023, 06:18 PM)koyahyellow Wrote:  The Studio B newsroom background image was different last night (picture with Huw), but it's back to the normal image today (with Fiona).
No, it's just a different angle. The pillar Fiona's immediate right is the same pillar as seen on Huw's left.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jamesypoo's post:
  • Stuart

Meanwile both YaldaMaryam and Matthew have been presenting in Studio C, so it seems that non-bulletin News channel has left Studio E.

(I do not think that it's not due E getting prepped for the election coverage - if it was the case, One would likely have gone to B instead of utilizing E, like it did when C was on maintenance.)

So all the bulletins have now adopted the ''new'' format used only on Lucy's shift, with short titles, red/white whipes and short headlines at 30 minutes past, not a full TOTH open. All happening in studio C. I do hope E eventually returns, one day....
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, chrisherald

Aah the titles are consistent at least that’s why they didn’t bother upgrading the titles in studio E ? and the flipper is now flipping again and also we see lots of tv forums NickyS :-)

I wonder if we’ve said goodbye to studio E.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • chrisherald

(24-04-2023, 07:33 PM)harshy Wrote:  I wonder if we’ve said goodbye to studio E.

News at One today still went out from it, not B (despite all World output switched to C).

Plus, there was a tweet that it will be used during the Elections coverage.

(24-04-2023, 12:33 PM)newsjohan Wrote:  Still preparig studio E for local elections next week, maybe?
twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • Quantum+83

I just can’t see the One and weekend bulletins moving to B anytime soon, given they went to the trouble of updating the titles for studio E use.

(24-04-2023, 07:40 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Plus, there was a tweet that it will be used during the Elections coverage.
Given the tweet included a photo of B as well as E, I suspect it might have been a case of mix-up/typo as we know B will be used for the main body of the election night programme. I suppose they could be using it for next day coverage, but seems both unnecessary, as local elections coverage will be done by 16:30 on Friday, and next-day coverage is branded as a Politics Live special so would presumably come from Millbank (if not B).

Only other possibilities would be using it as a secondary studio (though seems over-the-top for local election coverage, especially in a 'lesser' year) or as a fallback studio (though I doubt they would use a studio in the same building for resilience as Millbank a) typically serves that function and b) would make more sense). But, as I say, typo seems likely.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • chrisherald, Stuart

There are two 'next day' specials. The 'main' Politics Live coverage, but also a 'BBC News Special' 0900-1200 on BBC2 and the BBC News Channel, prior to Politics Live. Maybe that is coming from E?

(24-04-2023, 07:58 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I just can’t see the One and weekend bulletins moving to B anytime soon, given they went to the trouble of updating the titles for studio E use.

I would imagine that any permanent move would not even be considered until after the election, in the long run in makes no sense having a studio specifically for the 1 and weekends, plus if E is to be refurbished and we know one of the studios will be they will need to leave at some point.

I would take a guess that E will be used for the hourly news updates when it breaks from the BBC coverage of the Local Elections.

I suspect that C would not be used at all during this year's coverage of the elections because the cutbacks that merged the news channels recently are now under a more restrictive financial footing.

The BBC do somewhat have the advantage of having both C and E to spare in London. However the recent plans to stop using C overnight does make sense to me while the Washington studio coverage goes out as normal on the World Feed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • xlalonce