BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

This is presumably a knock on effect from Huw presenting across the weekend

Slightly oddly Reeta did the One and then came back for the Ten last night with Fiona sandwiched in the middle. Would possibly have been better to move Fiona to the Ten (or maybe even to the One)

(27-06-2023, 06:26 PM)Andrew Wrote:  This is presumably a knock on effect from Huw presenting across the weekend

Slightly oddly Reeta did the One and then came back for the Ten last night with Fiona sandwiched in the middle. Would possibly have been better to move Fiona to the Ten (or maybe even to the One)

Not the first time it's happened. I've known both Jane and Clive do the One and then come back later to do the Ten on the same day, with someone else doing the Six. It is very odd, would make more sense to have either 1&6 or 6&10.

(27-06-2023, 06:09 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  https://twitter.com/ClareNews2/status/1673568614354485248?s=20

I wonder if this is entirely accurate. Tina is sitting in for Jeremy this week on Radio 2 and presumably doesn't still do the news on the Zoe Ball breakfast shows on those days. That isn't to say that Tina isn't doing the Ten tonight - Tina's always appeared to be a very hard worker.

(27-06-2023, 06:31 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Not the first time it's happened. I've known both Jane and Clive do the One and then come back later to do the Ten on the same day, with someone else doing the Six. It is very odd, would make more sense to have either 1&6 or 6&10.
Which leads me nicely to this from last Thursday's edition of Steph's Packed Lunch in which Clive Myrie was a guest.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like News76's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Former Member 406, RhysJR, Rolling News

World News America with the dreadful red lower thirds :-( there goes yesterday theory.
[-] The following 5 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Ma76, oscillon, Quantum+83

(27-06-2023, 05:05 PM)TVHead Wrote:  What could this mean?

twitter.com 
Presumably that's studio A which is normally used. Maybe the green screen has been replaced with a physical set. That would allow an alternative to E in case of B/C breaking so that work on updating E can begin.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • chrisherald, Ma76

This will explain where Huw is

twitter.com 
[-] The following 9 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, chrisherald, Ma76, oscillon, Quantum+83, Reith85, Superman1986

(27-06-2023, 05:31 PM)Earlie37 Wrote:  I really just don't understand the point of the change to opaque red - all other BBC News outlets (e.g. the regional programmes, the national bulletins, international services, Breakfast), continue to use the black translucent straps. Totally baffled why they have changed them so it doesn't match anything else. Plus the fact that it blocks so much of the picture.... the pictures of any news story should be the focus for the eye - not a whacking mass of red which keeps pulling your eye away from what is happening. Red on white is not easy for reading either.

Some very strange design choices going on lately on the channel and struggling to see who is thinking that this a) looks good to the viewer and b) has a clear reason why it needed changing.

Can they pay James Mobbs for a week or two to polish everything back up and get it back to something consistent again? The whole playing around with the title cards, straps and ticker is simply bizarre, just feels rushed, disjointed and sadly, at times... cheap.

Don't like to be negative as there's a lot of promising changes and the team are obviously trying really hard with an obvious massive cut in resource. There's a lot of very talented people who must either be restricted in what they can now do or have left as we've seen much more stylish presentation in the past. I'm hoping this is simply a temporary blip in The Matrix!
I have a few theories, first one it’s based on the wipe effect making it red and opaque, second theory maybe someone tested it on mobile and didn’t think it was obvious enough, so they made it opaque as possible? and last theory is their digital app approach isn’t working, so they would what would damage peoples tv screens, yeah let’s make it as red And opaque as possible, forcing people onto the app, therefore achieving their goals and then having a valid case for closing the channel for good.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83

(27-06-2023, 10:36 PM)harshy Wrote:  and last theory is their digital app approach isn’t working, so they would what would damage peoples tv screens, yeah let’s make it as red And opaque as possible, forcing people onto the app, therefore achieving their goals and then having a valid case for closing the channel for good.

Mate.
[-] The following 3 users Like all new phil's post:
  • chrisherald, Joe, strollfan

(27-06-2023, 10:53 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Mate.

Indeed, with OLED and AMOLED screens on phones being more common than OLED TVs, this is surely a massive conspiracy from the big phone manufacturers to get people to replace their phones faster through screen burn-in.
[-] The following 3 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • chrisherald, oscillon, TVFan