BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-10-2023, 01:05 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Has the News at One moved back to Studio E? This is the second day on the trot. Thought it might be tech issues again but it hasn’t affected the Six and Ten.

The One o'clock News was back in Studio B as normal today.
[-] The following 4 users Like TVfan23's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Rolling News, thePineapple

(29-09-2023, 07:53 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  Given the supposed significance of the by-election in Rutherglen and Hamilton West next Thursday, you'd think there would be a special results program on network BBC One and the NC in the UK.

Currently listings are just showing a BBC Scotland News special on BBC 1 Scotland on Thursday night 23:40 - 02:00, Newscast and a NC simulcast on network BBC 1 and the usual schedule for the NC.
Surely the UK NC and network BBC 1 should be taking the Scotland results program? On the current schedule, viewers tuning into the NC expecting results coverage will end up getting Newsday, Asia Business Report & Sportsday. Another win for Sky News.

Just spotted that the BBC Scotland coverage is now scheduled to be simulcast on the news channel.
[-] The following 4 users Like LargelyALurker's post:
  • AJB39, Quantum+83, Stuart, UTVLifer

Studio C must be on maintenance this evening - both Daily Global and The Context come from Studio E.
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, interestednovice, Quantum+83

Verified Live as well. Wish they would just stay in E.
[-] The following 9 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, Jayesyn, Quantum+83, SuperSajuuk, woodnorton

(04-10-2023, 09:43 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Verified Live as well. Wish they would just stay in E.
Verified Live has come from E on a Wednesday afternoon for the last few weeks.

I agree I wish they would stay in E. Although I guess they want to keep it free in case BBC One need it for their bulletins, but in which case if/when that occurs, the NC could decamp back to C.

I’m assuming keeping everything in one shot in Studio C in front of that fake backdrop is all part of their ploy to make it as unwatchable as possible. It was slightly more bearable a few months ago when I was under the impression they were refitting E out for the News Channel to move into and using C was only a temporary measure.
[-] The following 13 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, GMc, interestednovice, Juicy Joe, Nige, Quantum+83, Stuart, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Honestly, what really made C look good back in the old days was the stunning London Skyline backdrop paired with varying sweeping shots of the presenter and studio which really showed off the backdrop well.

Even things like the standing presentation during Newsday in London played on this, and the nighttime version was especially stunning.

Ever since the background has turned into a blurred mess of a faux-newsroom, the studio has looked appalling and totally washed out the skin tone of presenters. The fact that they are then tethered to the desk and focused on operating their own autocue just makes this even worse, as the presenter looks quite blank most of the time but we have a close-up of their face constantly. It’s like something you’d throw together as a joke.

BBC News is in studio E today as well. There must be a lot of maintenance going on in C unless they've finally worked out that E looks more polished that it does when in C.

Yeah it’s a real shame we’ve seen the best of studio c now it is looking it’s age and that backdrop it just looks all uninspiring.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

(05-10-2023, 07:01 AM)interestednovice Wrote:  Honestly, what really made C look good back in the old days was the stunning London Skyline backdrop paired with varying sweeping shots of the presenter and studio which really showed off the backdrop well.

Even things like the standing presentation during Newsday in London played on this, and the nighttime version was especially stunning.

Ever since the background has turned into a blurred mess of a faux-newsroom, the studio has looked appalling and totally washed out the skin tone of presenters. The fact that they are then tethered to the desk and focused on operating their own autocue just makes this even worse, as the presenter looks quite blank most of the time but we have a close-up of their face constantly. It’s like something you’d throw together as a joke.

I hope someone at BBC News with some form of power has read this, because I don't think they know how bad it all looks.
[-] The following 9 users Like Hemsright's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, kookaburra, Nige, Quantum+83, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer

I think also the main problem with the "B" backdrop being used in Studio C is that it weren't developed for Studio C and also not at the pixel rate / image clarity that C has. That is why the London skylines worked better. They weren't trying to replicate something. The thing with using the B newsroom backdrop is that is was created for the newer B style screens and a higher pixel rate. Once that improves - in other words Studio C goes for its own Studio B style refit - everything should fall in to place with using that backdrop. But until then, if ever. Shrug.
[-] The following 3 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • AJB39, interestednovice, UTVLifer