BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

One assumes that is sitting on a loop constantly that can be dipped in to?
[-] The following 2 users Like freeview87's post:
  • chrisherald, Joeob

(20-03-2024, 01:22 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  Following Annita earlier in the week, Geeta Guru-Murphy is now on-air again in Studio C

Great to have another World veteran on air. At the end of her shift she said she was happy to be back, after a while.

i.postimg.cc 
[-] The following 9 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Reith85, Rolling News, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(19-03-2024, 09:22 PM)Rhys j Wrote:  Disagree that the new filler is good.

It doesn't look good, the transition is strange, i.e., "Around the World and across the UK this is BBC News", little transition into BBC theme song, and some text and images.

There's no context of what's happening, like why are we going from a presenter, to a theme tune and powerpoint slide of news??

And then we break out of this filler very abruptly, "You're live with BBC News".

It's awkward, it's not polished, and I think it looks and sounds worse than Around the UK.

There's no reason why the presenter can't just read it out.

Or if they want to keep the section, just close and open it properly with the closing and opening titles of the program. That would work well, like they used to do on BBC World News before and after an ad break.

I am guessing its meant to imitate the good old breakfiller, although that was proper segmented with news, business, weather and sport with the schedule for BBC World News, that wouldnt work these days however as they wouldnt be able to example the schedule for example, i dont get why its red with circles, it must be a hint of the direction BBC News is going on branding wise.

The new music version works so much better as a breakfiller theme. They removed practically everything from the countdown past :40.
[-] The following 4 users Like Lec_Ver16's post:
  • chrisherald, itsrobert, Joeob, Rolling News

(12-03-2024, 09:17 PM)CNN1992 Wrote:  Yes! Just tried it with my Pluto TV app and it's showing The Context, channel named BBC News. Here's a link I found on Cord Cutters. I thought we already had the other channels they mention, but maybe it was on a different platform.

cordcuttersnews.com 
Looks like Pluto is not the only US service that BBC News World (North American) feed has popped up on - the BBC appears to have started streaming on its own site as well, at least for some US addresses:
www.bbc.com 

i.postimg.cc 

Not sure if it works US-wide, though. The stream if of SD quality (960x540, 1700kbps)
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • chrisherald

(20-03-2024, 09:41 PM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:  The new music version works so much better as a breakfiller theme. They removed practically everything from the countdown past :40.

I agree. Have to say I'm loving the echoes of 1999 in these new mixes recently. I definitely think the music is heading in the right direction; it's so many years since those elements have been used on air that they sound fresh again but also nostalgic for the likes of us.
[-] The following 11 users Like itsrobert's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Frances, ginnyfan, harshy, Joeob, JosiahStuart, matthieu1221, Rolling News, Rxtx, thePineapple

(20-03-2024, 09:41 PM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:  The new music version works so much better as a breakfiller theme. They removed practically everything from the countdown past :40.

I could listen to it for hours. I think it’s fantastic.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • Chud, harshy

(20-03-2024, 10:55 AM)Spencer Wrote:  Totally agree. The fact that the BBC News channel is now regularly cutting to what amounts to a slightly prettier ‘Pages From Ceefax’, and some see this as an improvement, is a sad indictment on the state of the channel.
At least content for Ceefax was written for Ceefax - scraping the website for headlines and subheadings that don’t necessarily entirely make sense when not in the form of a weblink is hardly “progress”.

It’s the flipper debacle all over again where quite often you’d get something like “The GP who became Ireland’s Taoiseach”. No context, no point. It surely can’t be beyond the wit of man to get their online team to write another line of copy for each story to use on-screen but here we are.
[-] The following 4 users Like leewilliams's post:
  • AndrewP, BlightyExPat, LDN, Spencer

(20-03-2024, 05:47 PM)Daveuk Wrote:  The new break filler seems to have new new music already. Much better.

The QR code has jumped to the right of the screen also

Any captures? Would love to hear the new new music.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(20-03-2024, 11:05 PM)Moz Wrote:  Any captures? Would love to hear the new new music.

m.youtube.com 

Has anyone tried scanning the QR codes? Do they work?
[-] The following 16 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bai4943, bkman1990, chrisherald, Earlie37, harshy, ivlm001, JosiahStuart, Keith, matthieu1221, Moz, oscillon, Reith85, RhysJR, Stuart, UTVLifer