The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

(22-05-2024, 07:12 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  VMTV are in their regular studio for their coverage of the UEFA Europa League Final in Dublin.

I would have expected that the entire VM Sports team could have been on site at the Aviva for the live broadcast of the Final.

Dave McIntyre & Damien Delaney have just appeared pitchside at the Aviva Stadium on VM2.

VMTV rarely have their studio coverage at the Aviva for a 6 Nations match, they only did the final match this year while RTE did all their games on site whether home or away so they were never going to do it for the Europa League final between Leverkusen and Atalanta
[-] The following 2 users Like NI92's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990

(22-05-2024, 07:12 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Are TNT Sports on site at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin this evening or are they at their studios in Chiswick?

Lynsey's in the studio with Peter Crouch and Joe Cole, but there have been plenty of crosses to Jules and guests at the Aviva.

(22-05-2024, 07:12 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  VMTV are in their regular studio for their coverage of the UEFA Europa League Final in Dublin.

I would have expected that the entire VM Sports team could have been on site at the Aviva for the live broadcast of the Final.

Dave McIntyre & Damien Delaney have just appeared pitchside at the Aviva Stadium on VM2.

Are TNT Sports on site at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin this evening or are they at their studios in Chiswick?

VMTV will always do whatever is cheapest. As a result they rarely do an outside broadcast for anything. At least they do have some presence in the Aviva stadium tonight.

If you want a studio in the stadium, you have to pay for it - regardless of whether the match is in your country. That said, I'm not sure who the host broadcaster is for tonight's match - I know it's TNT for the UCL final, but I haven't heard whether they've got UEL duties too.

Edit because I found it in the end. TNT have got it free but it isn't easy to find

Clive Tyldesley and Rob Green doing commentating duties tonight on CBS Sports and Paramount+.

CBS Sports are in the studio as well but I can’t figure out if they’re in their Chiswick studio or in the studio Stateside.

(22-05-2024, 07:52 PM)thegeek Wrote:  If you want a studio in the stadium, you have to pay for it - regardless of whether the match is in your country. That said, I'm not sure who the host broadcaster is for tonight's match - I know it's TNT for the UCL final, but I haven't heard whether they've got UEL duties too.

I know when an Irish team makes the centrally contracted stage of a European competition (which has occasionally happened with Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers making the Europa League group stages, and that one time Dundalk got to the Champions League play off round in 2016) then the Irish broadcaster - usually VMTV - has to do host broadcaster duties for their home games. I don’t know if that extends to when the final is here (has only happened before once, with the Europa League in 2011) though.

I think the point is more a general one that RTE is on site in the Aviva for every Ireland rugby and Republic of Ireland football home game they cover, whereas VMTV, while they may have reporters and the commentators on site, always do their studio coverage from Ballymount.

Saran Media were the UEFA appointed host broadcaster in Dublin last night. Apparently they are Turkish, so not sure why they were appointed over someone more local like TNT or Sunset+Vine.

www.svgeurope.org 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Rdd

Problems during the final of Premier League darts tonight - scoreboard froze during the first leg, replaced by a really odd black and white graphic during the second leg (still bearing Sky Sports and PDC logos) only for that to be removed too, with the proper scoreboard reinstated in the fourth leg.

(23-05-2024, 11:35 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  Saran Media were the UEFA appointed host broadcaster in Dublin last night. Apparently they are Turkish, so not sure why they were appointed over someone more local like TNT or Sunset+Vine.

www.svgeurope.org 

Are Saran Media not effectively a media rights “wholesaler”, who buy rights and then sell them on to local broadcasters? must admit to not being totally clear on this point, but I do know they’ve done deals for UEFA club competition rights in Ireland in the past (and present), including the about to expire deal for LiveScore (who might as well not have been there - I know nobody whose talked about watching on LiveScore) as well as TV3/VMTV.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rdd's post:
  • bkman1990, RhysJR