Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

I suppose it might a bit feel more normal for those in regions that have a sofa for their local news. As someone in one that doesn't (barring a brief few years on ITV a while back), it does seem odd, like Breakfast in the afternoon rather than a proper news bulletin. Still, can't really judge until we actually see it.

Switching to the BBC News pre-dominantly white colour scheme really does suck all the life out of that studio. It looks great in Breakfast mode but like Studio B becomes a bit soulless once it becomes a mass of white and grey.
[-] The following 5 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, House, MFTJA, UTVLifer

No reason why the news can't be presented from a sofa, like some of the regions have done. However, will some question if this will mean that the BBC News at One won't be treated as seriously as the BBC News at Six and Ten?

The bigger question for me though is the regional news. When I'm home I will usually only watch the lunchtime regional news bulletin (mostly for the weather) and then the BBC News at Ten, so it now looks like the regional news will be fully embedded into the programme, just like Breakfast, though I do wonder how long the regional news segment will be. I assume it's still going to be around ten minutes, but I guess we will have to wait and see from Monday what it will actually be like!

~SpacewardAsh

(30-05-2024, 10:48 AM)House Wrote:  Also, notably, no Jane Hill, Reeta Chakrabarti or Clive Myrie.

Presumably Clive and Reeta will cease to present the 1 and effectively become the main anchors of the Ten (which they pretty much do now anyway). Hopefully they've found a place for Jane Hill on the 6/10/weekends as well.
[-] The following 7 users Like TVfan23's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, Ma76, SpacewardAsh, UTVLifer

I thought they’d said it was Ben & Jane doing the One. Hopefully this was incorrect and Jane will remain on the Six & Ten.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

Salford studio looking good, and I too glad they have gone for a backdrop of Salford newsroom, was dreading they would use an image of London’s newsroom!

I’m surprised they haven’t made a small desk that could be rolled out in front of the curved screen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JD_'s post:
  • chrisherald

Oh dear, so a national bulletin will be downgraded to 'sofa news from Salford'.

What next, the 10 from a deckchair on the roof of NBH in London? They could even give them a 14" portable TV on a wicker garden furniture table to show some PowerPoint graphics. Classy! Confused
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • chrisherald, GeekyJames

I like that the light-box panels behind the video wall are lit white and red, rather than the pink and red used in Studio B. I've never been keen on the pink in B which seems a bit off-brand.

(30-05-2024, 12:08 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Oh dear, so a national bulletin will be downgraded to 'sofa news from Salford'.

What next, the 10 from a deckchair on the roof of NBH in London? They could even give them a 14" portable TV on a wicker garden furniture table to show some PowerPoint graphics. Classy! Confused

It’s unlike you to be so hyperbolic.
[-] The following 18 users Like Joe's post:
  • AaronTV, all new phil, arbrax, bai4943, bkman1990, Brekkie, cando, chris, Critique, JamieD, Jayesyn, Ma76, Moz, SlimyTrain, steve, Stooky Bill, Stuart, Tim G

Disappointed by the sofa. You’d think swapping it out for a desk wouldn’t have been too hard?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JK08's post:
  • Stuart
Thread Closed