(26-12-2022, 08:21 AM)harshy Wrote:  What’s the resolution of ITVX it seemed low res on a laptop, it was better with a fire stick.
what was you watching?

(26-12-2022, 12:40 PM)cable Wrote:  
(26-12-2022, 08:21 AM)harshy Wrote:  What’s the resolution of ITVX it seemed low res on a laptop, it was better with a fire stick.
what was you watching?

I had been watching celebrity chase & coronation street on catch up

(26-12-2022, 12:40 PM)cable Wrote:  
what was you watching?

One of their catchup shows can’t remember not great on laptop though.

(26-12-2022, 10:14 PM)harshy Wrote:  
(26-12-2022, 12:40 PM)cable Wrote:  what was you watching?

One of their catchup shows can’t remember not great on laptop though.

did you have a load of other browser tabs open at the time? that doesn't play nice with the adaptive bitrate streaming. normal screen or full screen? What browser was you using? is it up to date and do you have plugins enabled for things like ad-block. have you cleared cookies/browsing history recently? I take it your broadband speed is good ie above 24mbps. what is your OS and is that up to date? also are you using wired or WIFI? ~there is a lot of variables involved compared to closed platforms like firestick and iOS.

Just using one Firefox tab connected to a 1gbps internet connection I’ll give it a go today maybe it was bad luck that day.

(27-12-2022, 04:29 PM)harshy Wrote:  Just using one Firefox tab connected to a 1gbps internet connection I’ll give it a go today maybe it was bad luck that day.

I think you probably find unless you are fortune enough to be connected to a 1Gpbs internet connection itself (with suitable price tag) then that speed will be that between your computer and your internet device/router, and your internet speed will probably be a lot slower than that.

But of course you don't need gigabit internet to stream in HD these days so that may be moot anyway.

I've had no issues streaming ITVX using Chrome. All content has been in HD bar the older shows in SD.

(27-12-2022, 04:29 PM)harshy Wrote:  Just using one Firefox tab connected to a 1gbps internet connection I’ll give it a go today maybe it was bad luck that day.

You'll find that a lot of these sites are very picky when it comes to browsers (for DRM reasons). Disney+ for example will stream only in 720p in Firefox but will stream at full 1080p in Edge Chromium. (Can't remember what the results were like in Chrome)

(27-12-2022, 06:23 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  

I think you probably find unless you are fortune enough to be connected to a 1Gpbs internet connection itself (with suitable price tag) then that speed will be that between your computer and your internet device/router, and your internet speed will probably be a lot slower than that.

But of course you don't need gigabit internet to stream in HD these days so that may be moot anyway.

1Gbps connections are getting more and more common as Openreach continues their Full Fibre rollouts - I'm able to upgrade to it any time I want.

As for the connection between device and computer, I presume they're hard wired, but even if not they're bound to be getting more than the general recommendation of 5mbps.

Looks like ITVX's launch has killed standalone BritBox, apparently you can't subscribe now, which means by the end of the year all subs will have expired.

(01-01-2023, 04:40 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Looks like ITVX's launch has killed standalone BritBox, apparently you can't subscribe now, which means by the end of the year all subs will have expired.

My subscription was being renewed on the 3rd till I cancelled it on Friday no mention of my subscription being cancelled by them.