The original Britbox site and app is still for existing customers only. They're simply not taking any new sign-ups.

Seems BritBox users are getting an E-mail - forums.digitalspy.com 

The recent launch of ITVX means your current BritBox annual subscription plan will not automatically renew, and your access to BritBox will end on your upcoming renewal date. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

The BritBox service will continue on ITVX where you can access BritBox on an annual plan if you decide to sign up for an ITVX Premium account.

If you do not wish to continue accessing BritBox, you do not need to do anything. Your account will be closed on your renewal date and no further payments will be taken.
[-] The following 3 users Like cable's post:
  • London Lite, Ma76, someone_else

Britbox on ITVX is harder to navigate, it should have its own dedicated section, unless I have missed something
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheJarv's post:
  • Ma76

(02-01-2023, 01:25 PM)TheJarv Wrote:  Britbox on ITVX is harder to navigate, it should have its own dedicated section, unless I have missed something

A premium sub menu would be good along with the films section being categorised rather than a list of films. I would also like the 7 day tv guide integrated into the live section and the ability to set reminders (notifications).
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:
  • Ma76

For those who just want Britbox content only, you can still purchase it via Prime Video Channels for £5.99pm. It may also have content that hasn't migrated to ITVX yet.

(02-01-2023, 07:15 PM)London Lite Wrote:  For those who just want Britbox content only, you can still purchase it via Prime Video Channels for £5.99pm.  It may also have content that hasn't migrated to ITVX yet.
Well does it have any content that hasn’t migrated? That’s pretty important. Not sure why anyone would go for this option over ITV X Premium. 

I guess it makes more sense to categorise the content into genre as if you find a programme that’s of interest to you it doesn’t matter if it’s originated from BritBox or is part of ITV X.

It’s clear that the BritBox brand (UK) is being completely phased out.

Once signed in with ITVX Premium, it is hardly visible at all. It’ll just vanish soon I think.

(03-01-2023, 03:02 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  It’s clear that the BritBox brand (UK) is being completely phased out.

Once signed in with ITVX Premium, it is hardly visible at all. It’ll just vanish soon I think.
I still think there is value to the brand. Just to highlight the fact it’s extra content available that’s from more than just ITV. A bit like how the Currys PC World and BT Sport ESPN stuck around for longer than expected.

(03-01-2023, 03:02 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  It’s clear that the BritBox brand (UK) is being completely phased out.

Don't the programme thumbnails have the Britbox logo in one corner and BBC or Channel 4 in the other? Or does that disappear if you're logged into a Premium account? I know they don't bother with Britbox branding on ITV shows though.

(03-01-2023, 06:01 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Don't the programme thumbnails have the Britbox logo in one corner and BBC or Channel 4 in the other? Or does that disappear if you're logged into a Premium account? I know they don't bother with Britbox branding on ITV shows though.

Yeah they are still there. Also there is a Britbox section on Firestick.