ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond)

Café ident has now aired on ITV1 this morning at 9.25.

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, Superman1986, thomalex

(28-01-2023, 12:21 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Café ident has now aired on ITV1 this morning at 9.25.

theident.gallery 

Finally, and that ITV1 Cafe ident looks really good!
[-] The following 2 users Like BBCChameleonFan's post:
  • DJ Dave, UTVLifer

It's different to the one seen in the reel of idents

(28-01-2023, 02:04 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  It's different to the one seen in the reel of idents

Yes, but what if the one seen in that reel might be a second version of the ident. Could be like ITV1's Rural ident with the 2 versions of its ident soundtrack.
Reason I'm saying that is because the Cafe ident felt a bit empty, as there are no people, just posters with VFX and CGI.

(28-01-2023, 02:04 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  It's different to the one seen in the reel of idents

Depends on which reel you are watching! CItyscape has multiple versions. Why not Café - or indeed any of them?

[Image: tig96x96.png]

I’m amazed ITV are still using the reem font on the end credits for programmes… I’m guessing it’s because they were edited prior to the rebrand taking place but it looks so odd having different fonts for different things. Looks half-hearted. I understand regarding ITV News as that’s not had a refresh yet but would have thought they would have updated this by now?
[-] The following 2 users Like mrarg1393's post:
  • Bengsy, UTVLifer

In the US, they do not have the same continuity announcers style and idents as the UK, shows simply lead into another.

However the late night talk shows usually always have the host say "stay tuned for" and then mention the next talk show. Johnny Carson used to do it often for David Letterman in the 80s.

Yeah, it was never just due to editing before the rebrand because on that logic any live shows (Martin Lewis, Tonight) should've been updated on relaunch day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • mrarg1393

(28-01-2023, 06:49 PM)mrarg1393 Wrote:  I’m amazed ITV are still using the reem font on the end credits for programmes… I’m guessing it’s because they were edited prior to the rebrand taking place but it looks so odd having different fonts for different things. Looks half-hearted. I understand regarding ITV News as that’s not had a refresh yet but would have thought they would have updated this by now?

Because it’s a very minor aspect that 99.99% of viewers wouldn’t even notice. It doesn’t look half-hearted, it doesn’t really look anything other than white text on a black background.
[-] The following 2 users Like all new phil's post:
  • EJnutz, strollfan

Both the ITV1 DOG and the LIVE tag are overlaid each other on Dancing on Ice in the top right hand corner.