ITV News

It certainly doesn't look dated IMO but were they to refresh the graphics/titles we might think differently about the current look (depending on how a refresh would look of course!) and appreciate a freshen up.

The 2019 refresh of BBC News being a case in point, not sorely needed but a nice freshen up of elements

Even News at Ten's look is now 7-8 years old. A refresh would be nice but I agree this look has held up well - but good branding should be about rebranding before it goes stale, rather than not rebranding because it is yet to go stale.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, Kojak

Upgrading the news studios at ITN will be interesting, as there are only three studios there now, Studios 1 and 2 in the basement and then Studio 6 overlooking the atrium, which I never understood why they never renamed it to Studio 3 once the original Studios 3, 4 and 5 were decommissioned?

Studio 1 is the current ITV national news studio and ITV News London studio, so if there was an upgrade, where would they be kicked out too? Studio 2 is block booked for Channel 5 News and Jeremy Vine show, with Studio 6 home to Channel 4 News.

There isn't any other studio available, which is why after the power problems at ITN in April 2022, ITV national news had to move to Leeds, which is amazing to think ITN didn't have another studio in London to use.
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

(01-02-2023, 11:02 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Upgrading the news studios at ITN will be interesting, as there are only three studios there now, Studios 1 and 2 in the basement and then Studio 6 overlooking the atrium, which I never understood why they never renamed it to Studio 3 once the original Studios 3, 4 and 5 were decommissioned?

Studio 1 is the current ITV national news studio and ITV News London studio, so if there was an upgrade, where would they be kicked out too?  Studio 2 is block booked for Channel 5 News and Jeremy Vine show, with Studio 6 home to Channel 4 News.

There isn't any other studio available, which is why after the power problems at ITN in April 2022, ITV national news had to move to Leeds, which is amazing to think ITN didn't have another studio in London to use.

What this forum would want if the ITV News studio was out of bounds due to a technical upgrade - ITV News decamping to the GMB studio at TV Centre with the studio fully redressed in ITV News branding and all the various camera angles being used

What would more likely probably happen - A green screen being set up in the Channel 4 News studio with some single camera angle bulletins being broadcast over a long bank holiday weekend. With possibly a full length ITV or Channel 4 News on the previous Friday coming from an editorially relevant but also coincidentally convenient outside broadcast.
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew's post:
  • BBI45, bkman1990, JMT1985, London Lite, Yorksman

(01-02-2023, 11:02 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  There isn't any other studio available, which is why after the power problems at ITN in April 2022, ITV national news had to move to Leeds, which is amazing to think ITN didn't have another studio in London to use.

Yes because power outages can distinguish between studios…. it affected the entirety of 200 GIR, not just Studio 1.
[-] The following 3 users Like chris's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, chevron

ITN seem to be content with their three studios, which seems interesting to me, as one more studio space could be an advantage.

Again, this is just my opinion, but I believe if they had one more studio created during this current refurbishment, even a newsroom based studio like they originally had during the 1990s would be beneficial.

(02-02-2023, 01:03 AM)chris Wrote:  
(01-02-2023, 11:02 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  There isn't any other studio available, which is why after the power problems at ITN in April 2022, ITV national news had to move to Leeds, which is amazing to think ITN didn't have another studio in London to use.

Yes because power outages can distinguish between studios…. it affected the entirety of 200 GIR, not just Studio 1.

Did I mention Grays Inn Road? My comment was that ITN should have another London studio elsewhere. Maybe based at Westminster. Enabling it to be used by another programme, and also use by ITN if they needed to vacate Grays Inn Road.

(02-02-2023, 01:29 AM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Did I mention Grays Inn Road? My comment was that ITN should have another London studio elsewhere. Maybe based at Westminster. Enabling it to be used by another programme, and also use by ITN if they needed to vacate Grays Inn Road.
They have a facilities at Millbank and elsewhere as shown on their website:

[Image: ITN-London.jpg]
I doubt they'd struggle unless someone dropped a nuclear bomb on London, and then only briefly, as I'm sure they could connect from a Bureau somewhere in the world
(assuming there was anyone left elsewhere in the UK to receive it).    Dodgy

(02-02-2023, 04:53 AM)Stuart Wrote:  
(02-02-2023, 01:29 AM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Did I mention Grays Inn Road? My comment was that ITN should have another London studio elsewhere. Maybe based at Westminster. Enabling it to be used by another programme, and also use by ITN if they needed to vacate Grays Inn Road.
They have a facilities at Millbank and elsewhere as shown on their website:

I doubt they'd struggle unless someone dropped a nuclear bomb on London, and then only briefly, as I'm sure they could connect from a Bureau somewhere in the world
(assuming there was anyone left elsewhere in the UK to receive it).    Dodgy

There was an incident back in 2010 where GIR lost power and Julie Etchingham did a truncated News at Ten from a broom cupboard in Millbank.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

(02-02-2023, 04:53 AM)Stuart Wrote:  They have a facilities at Millbank and elsewhere as shown on their website:

Excuse my ignorance, but I get the other plug-in boxes, what's at King's Cross?

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread