Sky News

(13-03-2023, 12:42 AM)Josh Wrote:  Fun drinking game: take a shot every time they mention what colour the carpet is.
I drink of what though... maybe champagne?
[-] The following 1 user Likes AxG's post:
  • Josh

As suspected, there are splits on Sky News overnight.

UK and Ireland versions of Sky News inclulding Freeview, Freesat, Sky Stream and NOW have the Oscars.

YouTube, Sky News website and app and linear international feeds including 19.2E are showing documentaries.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bkman1990, Happy2001

(13-03-2023, 01:23 AM)London Lite Wrote:  As suspected, there are splits on Sky News overnight.

UK and Ireland versions of Sky News inclulding Freeview, Freesat, Sky Stream and NOW have the Oscars.

YouTube, Sky News website and app and linear international feeds including 19.2E are showing documentaries.

Sky News Ireland is in fact showing the documentary as well. The Oscars are available on Sky Showcase in Ireland though.

(13-03-2023, 01:23 AM)London Lite Wrote:  YouTube, Sky News website and app and linear international feeds including 19.2E are showing documentaries.
Yes, despite the fact that Sky News website in the UK (as opposed to Youtube) usually shows UK feed of the channel (with the clock instead of .com). This was changed a couple of hours before the Oscars began.

(13-03-2023, 01:26 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  
(13-03-2023, 01:23 AM)London Lite Wrote:  As suspected, there are splits on Sky News overnight.

Sky News Ireland is in fact showing the documentary as well. The Oscars are available on Sky Showcase in Ireland though.

That's an odd one. I thought the rights would also cover the Irish Sky News simulcast as well. Presumably the rights for Ireland cover pay tv, but not FTA which is what they're able to do in the UK.

(13-03-2023, 01:27 AM)London Lite Wrote:  
(13-03-2023, 01:26 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  Sky News Ireland is in fact showing the documentary as well. The Oscars are available on Sky Showcase in Ireland though.

That's an odd one.  I thought the rights would also cover the Irish Sky News simulcast as well.  Presumably the rights for Ireland cover pay tv, but not FTA which is what they're able to do in the UK.
RTE do broadcast highlights of the Oscars in Ireland so maybe they have the FTA rights.
[-] The following 2 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite

(13-03-2023, 01:33 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  
(13-03-2023, 01:27 AM)London Lite Wrote:  That's an odd one.  I thought the rights would also cover the Irish Sky News simulcast as well.  Presumably the rights for Ireland cover pay tv, but not FTA which is what they're able to do in the UK.
RTE do broadcast highlights of the Oscars in Ireland so maybe they have the FTA rights.
It's also on Sky Arts Ireland which is FTA
[-] The following 3 users Like CillBill's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, London Lite

Really enjoying the Sky News ticker banner just absolutely bludgeoning any credit or subtitle graphics!

Glad I remembered Sky Arts existed and checked to see if they were showing it - the tv guide information on the Sky News said “new and exclusive” and I took that literally.

A long hold on the Oscars slide following the Best Live Action Short Film award, before cutting abruptly to an introduction to the The Little Mermaid trailer... which got cut off by an advert.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(13-03-2023, 01:43 AM)CillBill Wrote:  
(13-03-2023, 01:33 AM)AJB39 Wrote:  RTE do broadcast highlights of the Oscars in Ireland so maybe they have the FTA rights.
It's also on Sky Arts Ireland which is FTA

Having though about it I presume the Oscars were blocked on Sky News Ireland in particular because the channel is on Saorview alongside the RTÉ channels.
[-] The following 2 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite