BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Not all bad I suppose - Rich Preston is making a daytime appearance this morning.
[-] The following 11 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, GalxiSprout, interestednovice, London Lite, Quantum+83, Radio_man, Reith85, TVGuy, UTVLifer

How long will it be until the ticker will be fixed and not be 'bbc.co.uk/news'?
[-] The following 2 users Like AntandDec_Fan's post:
  • freeaxe, interestednovice

(06-04-2023, 09:01 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  Not all bad I suppose - Rich Preston is making a daytime appearance this morning.

I can't believe it's taken him so long to get onto daytime - he's undoubtedly one of BBC News' best young presenters.

From the shifts this week, unless it's because of the Easter holidays, it looks like the 9am - 12pm shift will be a rotating presenter shift, with there being 4 of the 5 Chief presenters on between 12 midday - 10pm every weekday.

What's the situation on World between 5am - 9am? Is this still split into two separate shifts or is this now one 4 hour shift?
[-] The following 5 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(06-04-2023, 09:45 AM)Radio_man Wrote:  
(06-04-2023, 09:01 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  Not all bad I suppose - Rich Preston is making a daytime appearance this morning.

I can't believe it's taken him so long to get onto daytime - he's undoubtedly one of BBC News' best young presenters.

From the shifts this week, unless it's because of the Easter holidays, it looks like the 9am - 12pm shift will be a rotating presenter shift, with there being 4 of the 5 Chief presenters on between 12 midday - 10pm every weekday.

What's the situation on World between 5am - 9am? Is this still split into two separate shifts or is this now one 4 hour shift?
Pretty sure all the presenters we've seen on the channel since Monday morning have been 'World News staff/presenters/faces'. I know Ben Thompson did business updates on the News channel but he's primarily covered for World News as a presenter. So the term 'World News takeover of the News channel' doesn't seem too wide of the mark.

Makes you wonder what the former News channel presenters who haven't left are doing? Are they working behind the scenes doing other things? I half expected one of them to have popped up on the breaking news streams at least, but alas we haven't seen them yet.
[-] The following 4 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, thevaran, UTVLifer

BBC News just brought us live pictures from "Mareilles" according to their dog - they meant Marseilles, but were hoping noone would notice.
[-] The following 5 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(06-04-2023, 09:54 AM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  BBC News just brought us live pictures from "Mareilles" according to their dog - they meant Marseilles, but were hoping noone would notice.

They’ve just put Mareilles up again. Clearly the mistake has not been spotted yet. These stupid errors are so annoying.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Juicy Joe

(06-04-2023, 09:54 AM)Worzel Wrote:  
(06-04-2023, 09:45 AM)Radio_man Wrote:  I can't believe it's taken him so long to get onto daytime - he's undoubtedly one of BBC News' best young presenters.

Pretty sure all the presenters we've seen on the channel since Monday morning have been 'World News staff/presenters/faces'. I know Ben Thompson did business updates on the News channel but he's primarily covered for World News as a presenter. So the term 'World News takeover of the News channel' doesn't seem too wide of the mark.

Makes you wonder what the former News channel presenters who haven't left are doing? Are they working behind the scenes doing other things? I half expected one of them to have popped up on the breaking news streams at least, but alas we haven't seen them yet.
To be honest, I expect that the NC presenters who held the fort during March and haven't officially left their roles, or left the BBC altogether, are having some long overdue leave. 
Annita McVeigh for example must have been on 5 or 6 out of 7 mornings a week during March, including weekends - she definitely deserves some time off.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radio_man's post:
  • interestednovice

(06-04-2023, 06:48 AM)AntandDec_Fan Wrote:  
(05-04-2023, 10:18 PM)harshy Wrote:  Unless I imagined it, it was Sally Bundock.
It was Victoria Fritz doing 5.00-7.00!
It was Sally yesterday. Victoria did Monday & Tuesday.
[-] The following 3 users Like michaelb's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, interestednovice

I can’t imagine what it must be like working at NBH at the moment. It’s been clear from watching the NC and the bits of BBC World were simulcast in the past that everyone who worked on them took great pride in making sure the output was high quality. It’s clear that the cuts have gone so deep they’ve hit bone now.

Yes I’ll hold my hands up as a person who didn’t want the NC to go and that I didn’t think this merged channel would keep either audiences happy but in the same breath i understand the cut in budgets and there are difficult choices to be made. I wanted the channel to work too as it was the only option. It just proves how bad the budget is that they are making the cuts they are.

Having said that, the very cynical side of me can’t help but start thinking, has this been designed by senior managers to fail.

There was a total lack of information coming out at any point and internally the impressions been given that no one had a picture of the final product. Even when Ofcom asked the response was we are still putting the plan together. It’s almost as if they knew what was going to happen and no one would be happy so they just kept quiet.

The other reason I’m starting to think this is if you look through the posts, repeatedly the same comment comes up: “surely they’d have noticed/realised…”. I’m starting to thinking that yes they did notice and that they’ve let it happen anyway. these points we’ve all been talking about aren’t just little things people like us would notice, these are things which even the everyday or occasional viewer are going to notice and complain about.

It does feel as if the whole thing is being run into the ground at the moment. As someone said early things are alright. We all know that alright though isn’t good enough because it instantly opens the BBC for attack. People will moan about the BBC even when its on its A game but it can brush the criticism aside, however it doesn’t feel like it’s on top form at the moment

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 11 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, Independent, interestednovice, Juicy Joe, Kojak, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

(06-04-2023, 09:45 AM)Radio_man Wrote:  

Apparently Luxmy Gopal did 7-9am this morning on World so must be 2 split shifts still.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon