BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(06-04-2023, 03:32 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  It seems that on Sundays, Breakfast on BBC News (UK) now finishes at the same time as on BBC 1 - this schedule for Sunday 16 April shows Breakfast ending at 7:30am.

The 10pm bulletins are also only 10 minutes long on 15 & 16 April to allow for an extended documentary.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Another poor decision, isn’t that hour usually the best rating hour all week?

I suppose that hour and half of Breakfast is news channel UK exclusive content not simulcast anywhere else which obviously wouldn’t do in this new era
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

It’s so bizarre that Rich Preston has been on this morning instead of Martine, Annita etc. not that I don’t rate Rich but it seems odd to give him someone else’s old sh*t when his overnight shift is the thats become redundant.

(06-04-2023, 03:40 PM)Chud Wrote:  It’s so bizarre that Rich Preston has been on this morning instead of Martine, Annita etc. not that I don’t rate Rich but it seems odd to give him someone else’s old sh*t when his overnight shift is the thats become redundant.
I think Martine, Annita and friends will all be on leave - heaven knows they've earned it! They were on pretty much every day last month. I think you answered your own question vis-a-vis Rich - his old shift is now gone so he's doing a different one.
[-] The following 7 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, Frances, Jeff, Radio_man, SlimyTrain, UTVLifer

(06-04-2023, 03:32 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  It seems that on Sundays, Breakfast on BBC News (UK) now finishes at the same time as on BBC 1 - this schedule for Sunday 16 April shows Breakfast ending at 7:30am.

The 10pm bulletins are also only 10 minutes long on 15 & 16 April to allow for an extended documentary.

www.bbc.co.uk 
I'm guessing that they will air their own bulletin, since on BBC One it's still 25 minutes long.
[-] The following 2 users Like AntandDec_Fan's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(06-04-2023, 03:38 PM)Andrew Wrote:  

Indeed, both Sunday Breakfast, when it ends early on BBC One, and the weekend 22:00 bulletin on the News channel, especially when the weekend late doesn't air at 22:00, were consistently some of the strongest rating slots on the channel. Sunday Breakfast, in particular, was the only News channel slot to routiently beat 500k (for context, other high performing slots are typically around 100-150k) - with programming for the rest of the morning often also featuring in the channel's most watched due to the coattails effect.

Agreed, odd decision.

(06-04-2023, 03:40 PM)Chud Wrote:  It’s so bizarre that Rich Preston has been on this morning instead of Martine, Annita etc. not that I don’t rate Rich but it seems odd to give him someone else’s old sh*t when his overnight shift is the thats become redundant.

It's not bizarre in the slightest - as has been said, Martine, Annita and others who were presenting during March deserve some well earned time off, plus it's now the Easter holiday period in the UK.

And I sincerely hope we now get to see much more of Rich Preston on UK daytime shifts, or as the UK daytime 'breaking news' reporter - he's without a doubt one of their best young presenters/reporters.
[-] The following 4 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff

(06-04-2023, 03:38 PM)Andrew Wrote:  

www.bbc.co.uk 

I suppose that hour and half of Breakfast is news channel UK exclusive content not simulcast anywhere else which obviously wouldn’t do in this new era

I wonder if this means Breakfast will be reduced to a single presenter on Sunday.

I'm not sure how much this really saves - it isn't like the crew can be deployed onto much else.

www.bbc.co.uk 
And The Context is now five days a week.

(06-04-2023, 03:55 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  

It's not bizarre in the slightest - as has been said, Martine, Annita and others who were presenting during March deserve some well earned time off, plus it's now the Easter holiday period in the UK.

And I sincerely hope we now get to see much more of Rich Preston on UK daytime shifts, or as the UK daytime 'breaking news' reporter - he's without a doubt one of their best young presenters/reporters.
Well I think it’s bizarre, before all this you would never have all those people off on holiday all at the same time, (if that is the case) And Rich would not have been used as morning cover.

(06-04-2023, 04:00 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  
(06-04-2023, 03:38 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Another poor decision, isn’t that hour usually the best rating hour all week?

I wonder if this means Breakfast will be reduced to a single presenter on Sunday.

I'm not sure how much this really saves - it isn't like the crew can be deployed onto much else.

In under two months they will presumably then be two months of full Sunday breakfast again once the football season ends.