BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

And let it be known - it really isn't going unnoticed by senior BBC peeps!

There are certain members of this forum and indeed previous forums dating back to when TVF launched who are like many of us - fans, geeks, whatever of television news and I've noticed they are online A LOT!
[-] The following 7 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Ittr, Juicy Joe, Kojak, Quantum+83, Reith85, UTVLifer

There's a new device on Studio C's desk today - an autocue desk controller:
[Image: ce5162496bfac09b5633a28d9a83a724-png.jpg]
[Image: c9e9b95cf8ddb1d90107477b089a8981.png]
Previously the presenters were holding a remote clicker while presenting because they axed autocue operators in the gallery...
[Image: 2ff5bc958be7a6433c3810d8c172ea34.png]
[Image: 134481796485ced7c3ed5aa5b5252e6a.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, UTVLifer

There are two positives I do like the new background behind studio c it’s at ground level and studio c looks bigger, so that’s a positive, the other positive is when they put the correspondent in front of the multi screen you can see all the feeds coming in without having to move my dish so that’s a positive too.
[-] The following 4 users Like harshy's post:
  • chrisherald, Independent, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(09-04-2023, 08:48 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  And let it be known - it really isn't going unnoticed by senior BBC peeps!

There are certain members of this forum and indeed previous forums dating back to when TVF launched who are like many of us - fans, geeks, whatever of television news and I've noticed they are online A LOT!
Indeed! One of whom we’ve seen on air pretty much every day this week! 

Sycophants aside, I get the sense most people, both within and outside the BBC, can see this new arrangement for what it is: a shambles. As much as I disagree with what has happened, I do think there are ways that it could have been made at least acceptable. The fact that none of them have happened (and I know it’s only been a week!) suggests to me one of two things: incompetence or sabotage. For everyone’s sake, I hope it’s the latter. Because if it’s not, then they sure are playing into the hands of the #DefundTheBBC nutters. And that isn’t good for ANYONE. 

My problem is - and I accept that this is an age-old problem - that the BBC seems to be more interested in gimmicks and vanity projects than bread and butter like the news channel. Why bring BBC3 back, only to announce a couple of months later that all their other channels were for the chop? It is completely nonsensical. Anyone would think the BBC is being destroyed from within!
[-] The following 8 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Independent, interestednovice, Ittr, Juicy Joe, Reith85, UTVLifer

For the chameleon titles that shunt the globe off to the right like that? have they been recreated or have they used some effect which moves to the clip to the right and put a white background to match, it does look like either some effort was used or no effort was used, they still got it wrong though by putting the news in black text instead of red and possibly not even to the design guidelines.

Unusual for the Sunday late to be in studio E

Yes I know it’s Easter Sunday but I’m sure they even used studio B on Boxing Day last year

(09-04-2023, 10:08 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Unusual for the Sunday late to be in studio E

Yes I know it’s Easter Sunday but I’m sure they even used studio B on Boxing Day last year
Looks like it's a shorter than usual Sunday 10 as well.

ETA:And B was used on New Years Day (late only) as well.

Breaking news regarding the Coronation instead of scheduled programme. UK feed now showing a broken flipper but with BBC.com/news (not.co.uk) showing flipping between that and the word HEADLINES. World version is showing actual headlines though.

In terms of the actual coverage it's very good, better than Sky who are sticking with papers review.

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 
[-] The following 7 users Like Ste's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, oscillon, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Reith85, UTVLifer

(09-04-2023, 10:37 PM)Ste Wrote:  Breaking news regarding the Coronation instead of scheduled programme. UK feed now showing a broken flipper but with BBC.com/news (not.co.uk) showing flipping between that and the word HEADLINES. World version is showing actual headlines though.

In terms of the actual coverage it's very good, better than Sky who are sticking with papers review.

Given that they finished strictly before :56 and with a outro it appears that the BOTH was broadcast on World feed as well.

(09-04-2023, 11:02 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(09-04-2023, 10:37 PM)Ste Wrote:  Breaking news regarding the Coronation instead of scheduled programme. UK feed now showing a broken flipper but with BBC.com/news (not.co.uk) showing flipping between that and the word HEADLINES. World version is showing actual headlines though.

Given that they finished strictly before :56 and with a outro it appears that the BOTH was broadcast on World feed as well.
Yes it was on world and UK feeds. Back to "bbc.co.uk/news" flipper now and Israel the top story on Newsday from Singapore. Coronation story was second with a report from Nicolas Witchall.

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ste's post:
  • oscillon