Coronation of King Charles III

It needs to be a News production for ITV for a Coronation I think not a This Morning type production.

Sky coverage really missing Dermot Murnaghan.
[-] The following 4 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Newsroom, Stuart, TJTSW, UTVLifer

Just had a thought. It will the first Coronation not just for ITV but also Sky et al...
[-] The following 7 users Like Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • DeMarkay, Happy2001, Jeff, matthieu1221, Roger Darthwell, TJTSW, UTVLifer

(14-04-2023, 09:36 AM)Humphrey Hacker Wrote:  Just had a thought. It will the first Coronation not just for ITV but also Sky et al...

I imagine Sky will use their existing purple and gold graphics from the Queens funeral, absolutely gorgeous scheme.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aaron_scotland's post:
  • Kojak

(14-04-2023, 09:36 AM)Humphrey Hacker Wrote:  Just had a thought. It will the first Coronation not just for ITV but also Sky et al...
Correct. The last one was two years before ITV launched, so nobody in the UK except the BBC has ever covered one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(14-04-2023, 12:36 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  
Correct. The last one was two years before ITV launched, so nobody in the UK except the BBC has ever covered one.
Back in 1953 barely 2 million homes had a TV set and they were generally in large cities. Most people would have had to see a newsreel about it in the cinema a few days later.

(13-04-2023, 04:51 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  In the US, CNN, MSNBC, Fox and PBS have all been confirmed to be showing it but it’s not been confirmed if ABC, CBS and NBC are showing it yet. You’d expect they probably will though.

I would imagine all the US networks will show it. I also expect RTÉ to show it in Ireland along with many PSBs in Europe. I would imagine broadcasters in most Commonwealth countries will show it also.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • JACKLUFC1998, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

(14-04-2023, 01:01 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  It needs to be a News production for ITV for a Coronation I think not a This Morning type production.

Shame they couldn’t have tempted him back for the day. I do hope Simon McCoy is involved in some capacity (as a guest commentator/interviewee, perhaps?).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy

(14-04-2023, 02:00 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(14-04-2023, 01:01 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  It needs to be a News production for ITV for a Coronation I think not a This Morning type production.

Shame they couldn’t have tempted him back for the day. I do hope Simon McCoy is involved in some capacity (as a guest commentator/interviewee, perhaps?).

Funny enough, Simon McCoy was on Kay Burley's show yesterday and was captioned as a "Former Sky News Royal Correspondent". Would be nice to see him pop up again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • UTVLifer

(14-04-2023, 03:37 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  
(14-04-2023, 02:00 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Shame they couldn’t have tempted him back for the day. I do hope Simon McCoy is involved in some capacity (as a guest commentator/interviewee, perhaps?).

Funny enough, Simon McCoy was on Kay Burley's show yesterday and was captioned as a "Former Sky News Royal Correspondent". Would be nice to see him pop up again.
That's why I mentioned him  Wink

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • TMD_24

As much as I like Simon, I feel he turned into a caricature of a reporter, always taking the micky out of how stupid it was to report on Royal drivel. Probably best to keep the day serious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aaron_scotland's post:
  • Alessi