BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

There's probably no one available to go on Newswatch to defend the merged channel because there's no one left at BBC News.
[-] The following 6 users Like Reith85's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Ittr, Juicy Joe, Stuart, TJTSW

(15-04-2023, 08:19 AM)TJTSW Wrote:  You mean Newswatch is getting soo many complaints and nothing good to say about it, they are waiting until they get someone respond saying the News Channel merger is going well, so they can give a balanced responce !?!
which is why they said they will report on this in a few weeks...  so from that im guessing they know its going badly.
You wonder if half the complainants are in this thread.

From an output point of view, things have been sloppy but not exactly a total car crash. My father even said it was nice to hear more news from around the world!
[-] The following 12 users Like agentsquash's post:
  • bkman1990, cando, chris, chrisherald, DTV, Former Member 406, Jayesyn, Quantum+83, thePineapple, TJTSW, TVFan, UTVLifer

Flipper on Breakfast at 0957... The UK feed forgot to take down the flipper when they soft opted into Studio C.
[Image: 3a10ddffceda14004dca891c6f41bbd8.png]
And we're back to the weekend standard issued old countdown:
[Image: c636eb27575e564c720435d24bcbbda4.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, Ittr, oscillon, Quantum+83, Reith85

I'm pretty sure something weird is going on because the astons overlapped with the ticker during Breakfast (see faint BBC Breakfast logo behind BBC News logo) and I don't think that normally happens.

[Image: Screenshot-20230415-100114.png]

Are we expecting the branded “shows” (I hate that word with regards to serious programming) to return on Monday?

I think it’s just The Context and Newsday that aren’t generic BBC News bulletins so far?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 2 users Like Moz's post:
  • bkman1990, Independent

(15-04-2023, 10:29 AM)Moz Wrote:  Are we expecting the branded “shows” (I hate that word with regards to serious programming) to return on Monday?

I think it’s just The Context and Newsday that aren’t generic BBC News bulletins so far?

I doubt it when they don’t even seem to know what titles or countdown to play out, to add the complication of branded shows during the day could be too much for the crippled bare bones news channel.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Ittr, Reith85

I also think it’s easier for the UK feed to opt out of a generic BBC News programme during the day rather then a branded programme in terms of consistency of schedules. I think it’s probably better to keep the branded programmes for the evening and overnight and have generic BBC News programmes during the day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • chrisherald

(15-04-2023, 10:05 AM)thePineapple Wrote:  I'm pretty sure something weird is going on because the astons overlapped with the ticker during Breakfast (see faint BBC Breakfast logo behind BBC News logo) and I don't think that normally happens.

This confuses me. If I've followed correctly that contributor is appearing on Breakfast but the aston is being opt from London? Hence overlaying over the Breakfast graphics.
[-] The following 2 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • bkman1990, Reith85

(15-04-2023, 10:42 AM)m_in_m Wrote:  
(15-04-2023, 10:05 AM)thePineapple Wrote:  I'm pretty sure something weird is going on because the astons overlapped with the ticker during Breakfast (see faint BBC Breakfast logo behind BBC News logo) and I don't think that normally happens.

This confuses me. If I've followed correctly that contributor is appearing on Breakfast but the aston is being opt from London? Hence overlaying over the Breakfast graphics.
Someone pressed the button too early and they seemed they couldn’t even get rid of the flipper just the norm with this new news channel, you don’t know what to expect other then adding to the mounting bloopers reel.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Reith85, Ste

(15-04-2023, 10:52 AM)harshy Wrote:  
(15-04-2023, 10:42 AM)m_in_m Wrote:  This confuses me. If I've followed correctly that contributor is appearing on Breakfast but the aston is being opt from London? Hence overlaying over the Breakfast graphics.
Someone pressed the button too early and they seemed they couldn’t even get rid of the flipper just the norm with this new news channel, you don’t know what to expect other then adding to the mounting bloopers reel.
Maybe the channel needs renaming as BBC News Bloopers. 

Then again, they probably can't afford a new title card for that name change.