BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

That was my thinking.  The way an hour ends on 5Live versus TV is very different. Will be interesting to see how it all works and how much it has been adapted for TV or if it just is radio on TV.

(16-04-2023, 02:03 PM)thePineapple Wrote:  There's been quite the response to the Mail's story - Sophie Raworth retweeted Huw's post, and the BBC News Press Office said this:
twitter.com 

Looking at the image that accompanies the post - I can’t be the only one that’s never heard of ‘Bick Robinson’…!
[-] The following 3 users Like Critique's post:
  • bkman1990, IanJRedman, xlalonce

(10-04-2023, 10:46 PM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  Something I noticed today for the first time during the news bulletins on the news channel; the sports news round-up within the news bulletin (as opposed to the stand-alone Sportsday) included footage which credited the broadcaster covering the event and the rights holder, so the Masters golf was accredited as "Pictures from Sky Sports/Augusta National" and the men's tennis was accredited as "Pictures from Amazon Prime Video/ATP".

(13-04-2023, 07:38 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(13-04-2023, 07:33 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  The HARP!!!

Top left corner!! 

Sponsored by HAPR LAGER surely?
It’s a great new sponsorship opportunity. You need to be half-cut to be able to stand the new channel!

(16-04-2023, 03:57 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  That was my thinking.  The way an hour ends on 5Live versus TV is very different. Will be interesting to see how it all works and how much it has been adapted for TV or if it just is radio on TV.
 Modern production tech means there is no reason for TV to get the 5 Live radio production elements like TOH etc, it's a simple submix of the programme minus radio playout. Even for automated content variation triggered by radio playout. 

However it sounds like some  form on manual vision/audio mix for TV is being done. 

The big test will be how well setup for both media the studio and guest shots; how contribution is handled - Skype style invision guests like Talk Radio TV, or  pic/name screen old school style;  is there B roll to illustrate items/break up long shots and is there a sence of editorial studio Direction (cutaways, reaction shots etc)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stockland Hillman's post:
  • chrisherald

Tonight’s Sportsday is not shown at 18:30. The NC is airing Click instead.

(16-04-2023, 06:23 PM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  Modern production tech means there is no reason for TV to get the 5 Live radio production elements like TOH etc, it's a simple submix of the programme minus radio playout. Even for automated content variation triggered by radio playout.

However it sounds like some form on manual vision/audio mix for TV is being done.

The big test will be how well setup for both media the studio and guest shots; how contribution is handled - Skype style invision guests like Talk Radio TV, or pic/name screen old school style; is there B roll to illustrate items/break up long shots and is there a sence of editorial studio Direction (cutaways, reaction shots etc)
I would expect them to use the same audio for both the radio and TV broadcast. It's certainly possible to have different mixes for each, but that seems like unneccessary complication.

And if I had to guess one way or another I would say that they probably won't give BBC Two a nice opt out tomorrow for the snooker. Maybe if it looks bad enough they'll sort something out later in the week.

I wonder if they've retrofitted the ability to play in recorded video elements from the radio studio (which I don't think they could previously do), or if they're playing those in from a TV gallery.
[-] The following 1 user Likes simon's post:
  • chrisherald

(16-04-2023, 04:46 AM)simon Wrote:  Is Monday the day?

And if it is, how cleanly do we reckon they'll manage to opt BBC Two out for the snooker?  Big Grin

[Image: 0go1an4.png]

[Image: dvz7sax.png]
You know what despite everything I want to wish the very best of luck to Nicky Campbell and all of his team on 5 Live for their very first programme on TV, I know that this decision got a lot of criticism but I think it's also fair to wish good luck to all of them......

(16-04-2023, 10:27 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  
(16-04-2023, 04:46 AM)simon Wrote:  Is Monday the day?

And if it is, how cleanly do we reckon they'll manage to opt BBC Two out for the snooker?  Big Grin

[Image: 0go1an4.png]

[Image: dvz7sax.png]
You know what despite everything I want to wish the very best of luck to Nicky Campbell and all of his team on 5 Live for their very first programme on TV, I know that this decision got a lot of criticism but I think it's also fair to wish good luck to all of them......

And let me tell you all something, he is going to need it once the Newswatch brigade gets going!
[-] The following 2 users Like News76's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

Will they still show the 26/56 weather reports and the countdown at 0959?

Well audio is out of sync with the pictures so a great start.
[-] The following 5 users Like chris's post:
  • bkman1990, Juicy Joe, oscillon, UTVLifer, woodnorton

(17-04-2023, 09:01 AM)chris Wrote:  Well audio is out of sync with the pictures so a great start.
Watching on IPlayer, I don't notice anything