BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I really dislike the name 'disinformation hub'. A) it sounds really gimmicky and b) I can imagine certain... raconteurs using that phrase against the BBC. Plus the whole setup looks a bit rubbish anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • CATV, chrisherald

I'll leave this here...

[Image: IMG-4453.jpg]
[-] The following 7 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Ittr, Juicy Joe, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(30-04-2023, 09:45 PM)Worzel Wrote:  I'll leave this here...

[Image: IMG-4453.jpg]
I'm not sure of the significance of this - is it that the logo isn't updated (hardly unusual) or that this is supposed to be the sign of things to come (it might be similar, but that is an old image that has been the BBC Weekend News icon for years)?
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, Frances

(30-04-2023, 09:27 PM)Kojak Wrote:  I really dislike the name 'disinformation hub'. A) it sounds really gimmicky and b) I can imagine certain... raconteurs using that phrase against the BBC. Plus the whole setup looks a bit rubbish anyway.

Is that actually it's name? I know BBC News has appointed a Disinformation and Social Media Correspondent, Marianna Spring -- but I wasn't aware that they were actually referring to that presentation area as the 'Disinformation Hub'.

Exactly one month ago, the new BBC Annual Plan referred to it as the Forensic Hub (although it also made clear that this was a working title). It's also been referred to elsewhere with this name since then.

twitter.com 

Has this name actually been replaced? Where exactly has it been referred to by the BBC as the 'Disinformation Hub'?
[-] The following 3 users Like LDN's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

Marianna's disinformation explainers have looked better from the big tablet in B.

That tweet mentions "UGC Hub".

What does UGC stand for?

(01-05-2023, 05:58 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  That tweet mentions "UGC Hub".

What does UGC stand for?

User-generated content.
[-] The following 3 users Like LDN's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, London Lite

Still can’t believe it there’s the actual news channel going on the global feed and Uk feed are getting a radio show on a linear news channel, that is taking the biscuit.

Nicky Campbell hardly looked interested he had more enthusiasm for Wheel of Fortune.
[-] The following 9 users Like harshy's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, Juicy Joe, London Lite, News76, Roger Darthwell, Superman1986, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer

Name aside, "disinformation hub" seems like an interesting idea given that this is becoming a real problem on the internet (especially with AI deep fakes etc).

I guess it's the natural evolution of Ros Atkins' very well received explainers on twitter etc.
[-] The following 2 users Like i.h's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406

(01-05-2023, 09:31 AM)harshy Wrote:  Still can’t believe it there’s the actual news channel going on the global feed and Uk feed are getting a radio show on a linear news channel, that is taking the biscuit.

Nicky Campbell hardly looked interested he had more enthusiasm for Wheel of Fortune.

And again i ask why is this being shown on the News Channel when there was nothing wrong with The News at 9 at all-This is fast turning into a repeat of the Victoria Derbyshire show a few years back-Give us UK News on a UK feed regardless of cost cutting-it really is that simple.
[-] The following 2 users Like News76's post:
  • bkman1990, mokked