BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(01-05-2023, 07:39 PM)LDN Wrote:  NickyS on BBC News [24] - it's like the good ol' TVF days!  Big Grin

All was missing was the UK Today titles and it would have been like the old days.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, LDN, Spencer

When Yalda, for example, hands over to the weather, how is she able to name check the presenter? Surely the UK feed and World feed get different weather forecasts and therefore presenters!?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

The Context going out with no lower thirds so far looks such much better :-D
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • chrisherald

(01-05-2023, 08:04 PM)Moz Wrote:  When Yalda, for example, hands over to the weather, how is she able to name check the presenter? Surely the UK feed and World feed get different weather forecasts and therefore presenters!?
I believe the UK and World forecasts have the same presenter - one of them, probably the World forecast, is pre-recorded.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, Moz

(01-05-2023, 08:22 PM)harshy Wrote:  The Context going out with no lower thirds so far looks such much better :-D

If you like a news broadcast with less information! And why would anyone like that!?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(01-05-2023, 08:28 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(01-05-2023, 08:22 PM)harshy Wrote:  The Context going out with no lower thirds so far looks such much better :-D

If you like a news broadcast with less information! And why would anyone like that!?

Looks a lot better because those lower thirds take up a lot of space and you get to see the full picture composition which is what the director is seeing in the gallery, obviously it’s no one’s preference to have no lower thirds I’m just saying the camera shots do look stunning when you get to see it in full on the rare occasion it happens.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • chrisherald

(01-05-2023, 07:39 PM)LDN Wrote:  NickyS on BBC News [24] - it's like the good ol' TVF days!  Big Grin
Reminded me that a compilation of his jingles are still available on Metropol via a post on www.metropol247.co.uk .

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • bkman1990, LDN

(01-05-2023, 08:24 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(01-05-2023, 08:04 PM)Moz Wrote:  When Yalda, for example, hands over to the weather, how is she able to name check the presenter? Surely the UK feed and World feed get different weather forecasts and therefore presenters!?
I believe the UK and World forecasts have the same presenter - one of them, probably the World forecast, is pre-recorded.
If we're talking about the 19:57 forecast, World had already opted-out at that point for one of their 5-minute editions of Click, leaving Yalda free to hand to the weather rather than close as they do when World are simulcasting. I'm not sure how the World forecasting works, but I don't think they use the same forecasters at the same time, even if World's are pre-recorded (which, given the numerous regional versions, I assume they are).
[-] The following 5 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, Moz, oscillon

(01-05-2023, 07:44 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
Presumably Clarence Mitchell was asleep.

So today has seen Tanya Beckett make her first network appearance in 2 decades, and now Nicky Schiller presenting on BBC News (24) for the first time in 2 decades.

What next? Sarah Montague doing the Ten? Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, Ittr

(01-05-2023, 08:45 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  
(01-05-2023, 07:44 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Presumably Clarence Mitchell was asleep.

So today has seen Tanya Beckett make her first network appearance in 2 decades, and now Nicky Schiller presenting on BBC News (24) for the first time in 2 decades.

What next? Sarah Montague doing the Ten? Big Grin
What was Tanya's last network appearance? Breakfast?

EDIT: Apparently so, on 5th January 2003:

Quote:06:00
Breakfast

BBC One

Sun 5th Jan 2003, 06:00 on BBC One London
Presented by Tim Willcox and Tanya Beckett.
Contributors
Presenter:
Tim Willcox
Presenter:
Tanya Beckett

genome.ch.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, Frances, Rolling News