Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II

Channel 4 to show an obituary followed by the two minutes’ silence at 11am followed by a 1953 documentary about the Coronation. Bizarre decision, technically speaking it’s an ‘alternative’ but who’s going to watch it??

So out of 4 PSB networks, only 2 are providing coverage. Of one of the biggest news events of our lifetimes…

I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who don't want to watch the funeral, I'm not particularly enthused myself. And it's not as if people who want to watch it are going to have trouble finding it, even if Channel 4 and 5 aren't showing it, it's on countless other channels.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • ethanjbrady, LoganStuff

(16-09-2022, 01:23 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who don't want to watch the funeral, I'm not particularly enthused myself. And it's not as if people who want to watch it are going to have trouble finding it, even if Channel 4 and 5 aren't showing it, it's on countless other channels.

When it comes to all the silly simulcasting ITV and Sky are doing I agree with you. I just thought more networks may want to provide their own coverage as will be the case in many, many other countries. Channel 4, as a serious news operation, could have provided coverage AND an alternative schedule on their sister channels. Surely you’d agree showing royal documentaries is no alternative really? Anyone who would usually watch it will be watching the funeral

(15-09-2022, 05:14 PM)IdentFan101 Wrote:  twitter.com 
The full schedule has been released, and after an extended Milkshake, they will be showing family films until 5pm.

11:10 - The Emoji Movie
12:25 - Stuart Little
13:50 - Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
15:20 - Sing

CITV will be showing the funeral from 6am til 9pm (when the channel closes).

(16-09-2022, 04:42 PM)IdentFan101 Wrote:  CITV will be showing the funeral from 6am til 9pm (when the channel closes).

This I don’t understand, the BBC aren’t with CBBC and CBeebies, along with Channel 5. Who’s going to sit and watch the funeral on CITV? (Or any ITV channel that isn’t ITV itself for that matter.)
[-] The following 2 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • ethanjbrady, Ma76

(16-09-2022, 04:49 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  
(16-09-2022, 04:42 PM)IdentFan101 Wrote:  CITV will be showing the funeral from 6am til 9pm (when the channel closes).

This I don’t understand, the BBC aren’t with CBBC and CBeebies, along with Channel 5. Who’s going to sit and watch the funeral on CITV? (Or any ITV channel that isn’t ITV itself for that matter.)
Yeah, I know. I imagine kids who watch CITV waking up on Monday and will be confused cause Good Morning Britain is on.

Should've have kept to the main channel.
[-] The following 4 users Like IdentFan101's post:
  • ethanjbrady, JAS84, Ma76, TWO ident

Yeah, there's definitely going to be kids confused because Scooby Doo (which would normally be on at 8:30am) has been replaced by royal coverage. Ridiculous.
[-] The following 3 users Like JAS84's post:
  • ethanjbrady, Ma76, thomash79

ITV were to screen 2 episodes of Emmerdale tonight - Friday 16th However the 8pm has now been dropped, due to the queen four Children's Vigil not ending until just after 8.

ITV will now show coverage of the funeral on ITV1-4 and ITVBe from quarter to midnight on Sunday to 6am on Tuesday. CITV will show the same coverge on Monday from 6am-9pm

Gemporia Craft, TJC and Hobby/Jewellery Maker will now also be off air on Monday