BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(13-05-2023, 01:55 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Gareth Barlow did the BBC One lunchtime news today (with Jane Hill in Liverpool).

These ‘newer’ faces like Gareth, Nancy, Luxmy etc are doing a really good job.
[-] The following 10 users Like Chud's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, London Lite, Quantum+83, Rolling News, thePineapple

(13-05-2023, 02:06 PM)harshy Wrote:  It’s a shame we are seeing very little of studio E, if anything they should have put Studio C out of action and make it look like B.
They've got to put E out of action so that it can be refitted. I'm sure it will return to its former glory in time.
[-] The following 10 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Former Member 406, Frances, harshy, News76, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(13-05-2023, 02:26 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(13-05-2023, 02:06 PM)harshy Wrote:  It’s a shame we are seeing very little of studio E, if anything they should have put Studio C out of action and make it look like B.
They've got to put E out of action so that it can be refitted. I'm sure it will return to its former glory in time.
Presumably this means they can also soon start work on repairing or removing the hoop in the newsroom.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 5 users Like Keith's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Frances, harshy, Quantum+83

(13-05-2023, 06:19 PM)Keith Wrote:  
(13-05-2023, 02:26 PM)Kojak Wrote:  They've got to put E out of action so that it can be refitted. I'm sure it will return to its former glory in time.
Presumably this means they can also soon start work on repairing or removing the hoop in the newsroom.
And maybe improving both the HostageCam™ and the Powerpoint Touchscreen
[-] The following 7 users Like xlalonce's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Former Member 406, Jayesyn, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Kojak Wrote:
harshy Wrote:It’s a shame we are seeing very little of studio E, if anything they should have put Studio C out of action and make it look like B.
I thought the official line was there were no immediate plans to refit it, and only an assumption that it would be refitted once funds became available in a future financial year. Has this changed?
[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

(14-05-2023, 06:56 AM)Spencer Wrote:  
Kojak Wrote:They've got to put E out of action so that it can be refitted. I'm sure it will return to its former glory in time.
I thought the official line was there were no immediate plans to refit it, and only an assumption that it would be refitted once funds became available in a future financial year. Has this changed?

Martine Croxall tweeted that the news channel would return to E later in the year.
[-] The following 5 users Like chris's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Kojak, Spencer, xlalonce

(14-05-2023, 06:56 AM)Spencer Wrote:  
Kojak Wrote:They've got to put E out of action so that it can be refitted. I'm sure it will return to its former glory in time.

Well, it was "future financial year" in March, but April came and so it is current financial year now.
[-] The following 6 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Former Member 406, Kojak, Quantum+83

(14-05-2023, 10:59 AM)oscillon Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 06:56 AM)Spencer Wrote:  I thought the official line was there were no immediate plans to refit it, and only an assumption that it would be refitted once funds became available in a future financial year. Has this changed?

Well, it was "future financial year" in March, but April came and so it is current financial year now.

Have they also not recently been looking at new cameras, considering the infrastructure required to be changed it would be the most logical for E to be used.
[-] The following 1 user Likes South's post:
  • chrisherald

(13-05-2023, 01:55 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Gareth Barlow did the BBC One lunchtime news today (with Jane Hill in Liverpool).
Well Everything Changes.   With a bit of Patience we'll find out if he's Back for Good.   If he did Shine perhaps eventually he will Rule the World, though maybe that'll turn out to be the Greatest Day of his career which he'll Never Forget.

Has Stephen Sackur been on since the merger? He features quite prominently in the countdown so bit surprised I haven’t seen him.

N.B. I know this is an extremely boring question but really needed to ask 🙈
[-] The following 8 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Superman1986, UTVLifer