BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(21-06-2023, 01:18 PM)Boozehound Wrote:  One of the cameras in B came off it’s tracks. Back in B for the Six tonight.
Not the greatest investment they've ever made. I mean, I know the Furios have a tendency to wonder, but out-of-action level incidents seem to have been few and far between. Plus, they have the advantage of not being slow, lumbering eyesores that make wide shots look busier, darker and more cramped than they need to be. I understand not wanting Furio tracks all over the refurbed B nor the costs associated with manual operators, but I still feel that fully robotic cameras would have been better and more flexible, as well as being tried-and-tested in Studios A and D.

Also, I thought that at the time the arguably excessive cost of the studio refurb, which was significantly put down to designing new bespoke camera arrangements, was justified by the fact that this camera set-up would be used in more studios. I don't think it's even being used in Salford, so if its only being extended to the eventual refurb of E (which, given the paucity of camera movements the new channel is going for, would seem a bit redundant), that justification does seem to fall a little flat.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

(21-06-2023, 01:17 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  They used a mish mash of titles. The actual titles were the short Chameleon ones they use in B but the music was for the “newsroom titles” which meant the camera which sweeps across the studio was left to linger until the music stopped and Ben Brown could start talking.
No, these were Chameleonized "newsroom titles" (with four globe shots as in original NBH "newsroom titles", not three as in short ones) as they were seen post-merger but before the One moved to B.

The problem was the trundle cam shot that was omitted for some reason, leading to studio shot being on air for a disproportionate amount of time.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, Rolling News

(21-06-2023, 01:18 PM)Boozehound Wrote:  One of the cameras in B came off it’s tracks.

They're coming for us.

Can someone a bit more technically knowledgeable fill me in? Why does the BBC use such enormous beastly camera set ups while in France the majority of sets use tiny cameras hidden in various locations? I understand the difference between fixed and moving cameras, but can’t get my head round the need for literally enormous towers on wheels.
[-] The following 3 users Like Globaltraffic24's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, mouseboy33

(21-06-2023, 01:18 PM)Boozehound Wrote:  One of the cameras in B came off it’s tracks. Back in B for the Six tonight.

Did someone drop a bit of paper on the tracks, causing the equivalent of leaves on the line?
[-] The following 7 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AndrewP, BBI45, bkman1990, mouseboy33, Quantum+83, Spencer, thePineapple

I think the philosophy was that the cameras are part of the set. They could be hidden as they are in Studio D but it was a stylistic decision.
[-] The following 6 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Globaltraffic24, Quantum+83

What a mess. Watching BBC News via Sky and we have the build up to the submarine press conference at 6pm. Presenter changes just before 6pm telling is press conference is due shortly and we won’t miss anything. Then it’s 6pm in the UK and we swap to the BBC news at 6. Off to Sky news for me!
[-] The following 6 users Like Radiodog's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN, oscillon, Quantum+83

The BBC made an even bigger mess of it than that as the news channel cut back into the press conference during the 6's headlines
[-] The following 6 users Like QuinnTFP's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN, oscillon, Quantum+83

IIRC, yesterday they did NOT go to the 6, and the presser was at around the same time.

May be it's not a deliberate mistake (let's go with 6 till the press conference), but somebody forgot to disable the switcher?

Back in Studio B for the News at Six.

The following article from The Times claims that two of the robotic cameras in Studio B almost crashed during Monday's News at One.
www.thetimes.co.uk 
[-] The following 11 users Like James's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, bkman1990, chrisherald, mouseboy33, Newsroom, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News, TVHead, UTVLifer