BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Rich Preston has just appeared in Studio J on the UK feed. He is doing coverage for the sentencing of Elle Edwards killer at Liverpool Crown Court. The UK feed is now playing an interview with Elle Edwards father.
[-] The following 2 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Matthew in Studio E with Verified Live this afternoon.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, oscillon, Quantum+83

(05-07-2023, 12:26 AM)simon Wrote:  Agreed. It would be interesting to have a daily BBC Verify programme (maybe one hour long) where they go into the main stories of the day, explaining how they know what they know and the analysis that has been carried out.
At risk of fantasy scheduling 'Verified Live' might work well in the 5pm (UK) hour, provided there was a focus on how the stories of the day had been verified. (This might then enable UK opt-outs/simulcasts between 9am and 5pm.)

At present it feels like a misuse of the BBC Verify brand. Watching currently the content doesn't seem to be noticeably different.

Curious to see they're coming from E at present. Considering they've been C and the balcony for the past few months I'd have thought they would have started dismantling the studio by now. That said I've not seen a wide shot of E, so for all I know it could be partially stripped out with just a desk and a camera on a tripod.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 4 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, LargelyALurker, Roger Darthwell

(07-07-2023, 04:33 PM)Keith Wrote:  At risk of fantasy scheduling 'Verified Live' might work well in the 5pm (UK) hour, provided there was a focus on how the stories of the day had been verified. (This might then enable UK opt-outs/simulcasts between 9am and 5pm.)

At present it feels like a misuse of the BBC Verify brand. Watching currently the content doesn't seem to be noticeably different.

Curious to see they're coming from E at present. Considering they've been C and the balcony for the past few months I'd have thought they would have started dismantling the studio by now. That said I've not seen a wide shot of E, so for all I know it could be partially stripped out with just a desk and a camera on a tripod.

There was a wide shot/studio pan after the titles.
No other wide shots as they don’t seem to do them at all anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • oscillon

(07-07-2023, 01:46 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Rich Preston has just appeared in Studio J on the UK feed. He is doing coverage for the sentencing of Elle Edwards killer at Liverpool Crown Court. The UK feed is now playing an interview with Elle Edwards father.

Have to wonder if the planning for this service foresaw it being an almost daily occurrence.   There surely gets a point where a regular service becomes more cost-effective than a pop up service.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

(07-07-2023, 04:33 PM)Keith Wrote:  That said I've not seen a wide shot of E, so for all I know it could be partially stripped out with just a desk and a camera on a tripod.

E is still being used for the Weekend News for some reason (with the exception of the Sunday late bulletin, which is in B). 

I assumed that moving the weekday News at One to B meant that E would soon be decommissioned, but it doesn't seem to have happend yet. 

I'm not complaining though - Studio E still looks great. I'm just surprised they don't want all of their BBC One News output to be consistent with the same studio.
[-] The following 3 users Like James's post:
  • AndrewP, oscillon, Quantum+83

(07-07-2023, 05:48 PM)James Wrote:  E is still being used for the Weekend News for some reason (with the exception of the Sunday late bulletin, which is in B). 

I assumed that moving the weekday News at One to B meant that E would soon be decommissioned, but it doesn't seem to have happend yet. 

I'm not complaining though - Studio E still looks great. I'm just surprised they don't want all of their BBC One News output to be consistent with the same studio.
A saw a tweet somewhere saying the reason the weekend news isn't in B is because it needs to be prepped for Sunday with Laura K.

(07-07-2023, 05:48 PM)James Wrote:  E is still being used for the Weekend News for some reason (with the exception of the Sunday late bulletin, which is in B). 

When was the last time consistency and BBC News presentation aligned?
[-] The following 4 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, James, Quantum+83

When was the last time we got regional news before national news (as is the case this evening due to Wimbledon delay)?
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83

Looks like with Wimbledon being on until 6.30pm the national news has been delayed until 7pm. I'm assuming keeping regional news at 6.30pm may in part be due to regions working to rule or similar, in protest against proposed cuts to local radio.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 7 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Quantum+83, scottishtv, watchingtv