BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

For some reason, Adam Boulton, now of News UK was just on Newsnight defending The Sun!!!! I never thought I’d see the day, and with Rod Liddle on vidilink? Disgraceful reporting.

I used to have a lot of time for Adam, it’s gone now.
[-] The following 9 users Like JayCasey's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, GMc, LouBlu08, Quantum+83, Transmission, UTVLifer

(12-07-2023, 11:00 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  For some reason, Adam Boulton, now of News UK was just on Newsnight defending The Sun!!!! I never thought I’d see the day, and with Rod Liddle on vidilink? Disgraceful reporting.

Newsnight has a lot of form for regularly inviting guests with terrible credentials in the interests of “balance”.
[-] The following 5 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(12-07-2023, 11:00 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  For some reason, Adam Boulton, now of News UK was just on Newsnight defending The Sun!!!! I never thought I’d see the day, and with Rod Liddle on vidilink? Disgraceful reporting.

I used to have a lot of time for Adam, it’s gone now.

Good thing you missed Dr David Starkey giving his thoughts on GB News when the name first came out. Even Patrick Christys had to step in before his rant went too far!

(12-07-2023, 11:08 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Newsnight has a lot of form for regularly inviting guests with terrible credentials in the interests of “balance”.

I agree, but Adam Boulton is effectively outing himself as politically biased, despite being a former political editor of a news channel! 

For me, it’s not a good look for Sky News.  It’s effectively outed them as being overtly politically biased
[-] The following 4 users Like JayCasey's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(12-07-2023, 11:11 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  I agree, but Adam Boulton is effectively outing himself as politically biased, despite being a former political editor of a news channel! 

For me, it’s not a good look for Sky News.  It’s effectively outed them as being overtly politically biased
All people have opinions, it doesn’t mean they’re right overtly politically biased in their reporting. You can’t stop them from giving those opinions when they leave a broadcaster. 

A few former BBC reporters are regular talking heads on GB News. Doesn’t mean they were overtly politically biased when they were on the BBC.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jon's post:
  • AndrewP, BBI45, Jeff, Quantum+83

(12-07-2023, 11:11 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  I agree, but Adam Boulton is effectively outing himself as politically biased, despite being a former political editor of a news channel! 

It's somewhat naive to think that Political Editors don't have personal views; they are just professional enough not to overtly display them while in that role.

He left that role 9 years ago, and Sky News completely 2 years ago, so I'm not sure how any current views he expresses could reflect on them.
[-] The following 6 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, Gibsy, Jeff, Jon, LargelyALurker, Quantum+83

(12-07-2023, 11:23 PM)Stuart Wrote:  It's somewhat naive to think that Political Editors don't have personal views; they are just professional enough not to overtly display them while in that role.

He left that role 9 years ago, and Sky News completely 2 years ago, so I'm not sure how any current views he expresses could reflect on them.

Don't start casting aspersions!  Big Grin

youtu.be 

Was he not defending The Sun by saying he thought it was a valid piece of tabloid journalism?

Nothing to do with politics
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Jon, LondonViewer, Stuart, thomash79

Has it been reported anywhere why the BBC erroneously reported that Huw Edwards had resigned?

Could it be they had already written a script or scripts hours or days ago for when his name was inevitably revealed and accidentally used the one that involved his name being revealed by him resigning?

(12-07-2023, 11:39 PM)Nobby Wrote:  Has it been reported anywhere why the BBC erroneously reported that Huw Edwards had resigned?

Could it be they had already written a script or scripts hours or days ago for when his name was inevitably revealed and accidentally used the one that involved his name being revealed by him resigning?

Could just have been a script error. Fairly sure the news channel was talking about calls for him to resign prior to the news at six starting.