BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Not sure when this is from, but I'm glad spelling mistakes are finally being called out...

m.youtube.com 
[-] The following 13 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chaose, LDN, leewilliams, LondonViewer, matthieu1221, Quantum+83, SlimyTrain, Tim G, TJTSW

For a couple of minutes on the BBC live text just before 6pm yesterday, they announced the unnamed presenter was Huw Ewards.

The standard of proofing across the board at the BBC leaves a lot to be desired at the moment.
[-] The following 3 users Like steve's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83, Rolling News

(13-07-2023, 09:56 PM)steve Wrote:  For a couple of minutes on the BBC live text just before 6pm yesterday, they announced the unnamed presenter was Huw Ewards.

The standard of proofing across the board at the BBC leaves a lot to be desired at the moment.
I mean, in this day-and-age it surely isn't that difficult to design a piece of graphics software that includes spellcheck and is able to do a 'do you want to live this' flag anytime it spots a typo. But, then again, I assumed it'd be quite easy to create a system that allows you to give web pages ticker-friendly alternate headlines and use that to create an automated news ticker, so what do I know.
[-] The following 9 users Like DTV's post:
  • chrisherald, IanJRedman, Jamesypoo, matthieu1221, oscillon, Quantum+83, Rolling News, Spencer, steve

I've noticed with the Huw story, they've been showing a lot of b-roll footage from what looks like the newsroom pit looking into studio E on the day of the Queen's death. I noticed it featured Nick Witchell briefly with the black background on the screens behind the guest seating area of the desk.

I know we've seen a brief shot of the studio E gallery in a look back on 2022 at the end of last year when the news of the Queen's death was officially announced as Tim Davie and Deborah Turness were pictured in the gallery at the time.

Are we to assume that at some point in the future the BBC will show some kind of fly-on-the-wall documentary of what happened behind the scenes at BBC News on 8 September last year?
[-] The following 3 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83

(13-07-2023, 10:24 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Are we to assume that at some point in the future the BBC will show some kind of fly-on-the-wall documentary of what happened behind the scenes at BBC News on 8 September last year?

Even if that were the case, I suspect any chance of that happening is now gone given the events of the last week.
[-] The following 5 users Like Will's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, MLehon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(13-07-2023, 10:41 PM)Will Wrote:  Even if that were the case, I suspect any chance of that happening is now gone given the events of the last week.
If that's the case where does that potentially leave the BBC re-showing the announcement of Her Majesty's passing, commentary of the funeral, the King's Coronation or any of the past elections he's anchored in the future?
[-] The following 3 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

I think we should wait until the BBC concludes their own investigation before any speculation.

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 12 users Like AndrewP's post:
  • AIB01WB, Alf Stewart, BBI45, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jayesyn, Newsroom, oscillon, Quantum+83, Reith85, turbolazer, UTVLifer

(13-07-2023, 10:41 PM)Will Wrote:  Even if that were the case, I suspect any chance of that happening is now gone given the events of the last week.

In the same way that no radio station ever plays George Michael now, and no TV channel shows a film with Kevin Spacey in it?
[-] The following 3 users Like bbctvtechop's post:
  • Quantum+83, UTVLifer, xlalonce

I'm afraid you're mistaken on the first point, as George Michael is at least still on the playlist for Magic 105.4

In any case, any "behind the scenes" programme is unlikely to be broadcast until long after this has all died down.
Even today, it's barely a subtext on the front page of BBC News Online.

Until the BBC themselves give their verdict, I think it's unwise to discuss these matters.

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 1 user Likes AndrewP's post:
  • UTVLifer

(13-07-2023, 11:34 PM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  In the same way that no radio station ever plays George Michael now, and no TV channel shows a film with Kevin Spacey in it?

I think you mean Michael Jackson, not George Michael.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 4 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • EastCoast, JAS84, Newsroom, Stuart