BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Camera move failure on the One today. Ben was stood at the tower and the camera decided toove away from him heading to the corner of the studio taking him out of shot. Fortunately Ben had his script with him as it looked like there was no other camera facing him for autocue.

News 24/Weekend 24 I didn’t rate it really compared to bbc world news it seemed inferior presentation wise particularly in the early noughties irrelevant now since it’s just one terrible merged news channel.

(01-08-2023, 01:41 PM)harshy Wrote:  News 24/Weekend 24 I didn’t rate it really compared to bbc world news it seemed inferior presentation wise particularly in the early noughties irrelevant now since it’s just one terrible merged news channel.

Agreed, BBC World felt far superior. Music, graphics, presenters, sets! It had it all.
[-] The following 6 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AndrewP, GeeTeeKay474, harshy, itsrobert, LondonViewer, Quantum+83

Seems like Martine et al will be back soon
twitter.com 

(01-08-2023, 03:27 PM)Chud Wrote:  Seems like Martine et al will be back soon
twitter.com 

Oh crikey! I'm already hyper-speculating in my head! Such good news!!!
[-] The following 5 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Quantum+83, Rolling News, UTVLifer

Good for them, the channel and the readability of this thread.
[-] The following 17 users Like DTV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Critique, harshy, ilsondan15, JamieD, Jayesyn, lepeterrr, Newsroom, Quantum+83, Reith85, Rolling News, SlimyTrain, UTVLifer

(01-08-2023, 03:27 PM)Chud Wrote:  Seems like Martine et al will be back soon
twitter.com 

To be fair she replies the same way every time someone on Twitter asks her about 5 times a day. But, we continue to live in hope.
[-] The following 9 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83, Reith85, UTVLifer

(01-08-2023, 04:31 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  To be fair she replies the same way every time someone on Twitter asks her about 5 times a day. But, we continue to live in hope.

Karin also replied, so there has to be some substance to the latest reply.
[-] The following 7 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, ilsondan15, News76, Quantum+83

(01-08-2023, 04:31 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  To be fair she replies the same way every time someone on Twitter asks her about 5 times a day. But, we continue to live in hope.

Agreed. It's just as vague as ever - 'soon' could mean tomorrow or next week. It could also mean in 2024.
[-] The following 5 users Like Reith85's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, GeeTeeKay474, Quantum+83, Rolling News

(01-08-2023, 04:37 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Karin also replied, so there has to be some substance to the latest reply.

There could be (and I hope there is) but it still isn’t any clearer as to when or when about.
[-] The following 6 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, News76, Quantum+83, Reith85