BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(13-08-2023, 08:31 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Every time I tune in now there seems to be someone new presenting. And it’s not just because it’s summer, it’s been this way since April.

For some reason, I thought the weekends would be the “presenter reporters”. Have they filled any more of these posts, or is it still just Nancy Kacungira?
The five who must not be named are supposed to be coming back soon. Hopefully they will bring some more consistency on their return.
[-] The following 7 users Like KatsKaravan's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, xlalonce

(13-08-2023, 08:07 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  The recent weekend line up of presenters makes the channel even less watchable. I thought the transition period was the last time we would see some of these interns but instead they have taken over.

Who’s been on? I haven’t been watching.

(14-08-2023, 09:52 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Who’s been on? I haven’t been watching.
I would be stunned if you had not had at least a few shifts yourself, James…
[-] The following 2 users Like House's post:
  • chrisherald, JamesWorldNews

(14-08-2023, 09:52 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Who’s been on? I haven’t been watching.

There’s no consistency from one weekend to the next at the moment, but this weekend (from London) was:

SAT: Lukwesa Burak, Anjana Gadgil, Luxmy Gopal, Lucy Grey

SUN: Lukwesa Burak, Anjana Gadgil, Lucy Grey, Monika Plaha

(14-08-2023, 10:11 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  There’s no consistency from one weekend to the next at the moment, but this weekend (from London) was:
But when recently has there been consistency for presenters, particularly at weekends, particularly for UK viewers? If anything, there is more consistency in presenters now than there was during the last few years of the News channel - where practically no slot had a regular presenter.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, Quantum+83

(14-08-2023, 10:43 AM)DTV Wrote:  But when recently has there been consistency for presenters, particularly at weekends, particularly for UK viewers? If anything, there is more consistency in presenters now than there was during the last few years of the News channel - where practically no slot had a regular presenter.

Maybe I did phrase that incorrectly. What I meant was that at the moment,  it really is a random pick and mix as to who will appear at the weekend. But you’re right, there’s been no consistency really, especially at weekends, and especially in the U.K. since at least 2021. One of the (few) positives of this merger is most of the weekday slots now have a fixed presenter, compared to before.

There’s been no consistency with business presenters, they had a very random selection of people turn up to present World Business Report last week.

There’s a YouTube channel by bax I think who collates bbc news bloopers, in recent times looks like there’s been much more of it, enough to fill 18 mins where before it was 9 or below.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, UTVLifer

(14-08-2023, 11:09 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  Maybe I did phrase that incorrectly. What I meant was that at the moment,  it really is a random pick and mix as to who will appear at the weekend. But you’re right, there’s been no consistency really, especially at weekends, and especially in the U.K.  since at least 2021. One of the (few) positives of this merger is most of the weekday slots now have a fixed presenter, compared to before.
But, from what I recall, have weekends not been fairly inconsistent since Mawhinney and Esler left around 2017? I feel there was long an odd mix of main News channel presenters and junior World News presenters, with it being unusual for the same presenter to be in the same slot week-to-week. 

There certainly is a bit of variety in who is on weekend duty, but it would surprise me if the number of different presenters is higher than it was last year. Perhaps it's just more noticeable now you have largely fixed weekday presenter shifts as those presenters are unlikely to present at the weekend, unlike the main NC presenters in the last few years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • UTVLifer

(14-08-2023, 10:10 AM)House Wrote:  I would be stunned if you had not had at least a few shifts yourself, James…

I’m on next weekend. Don’t miss it!
[-] The following 10 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, ginnyfan, harshy, House, lepeterrr, Michael Wotton, Rolling News, thePineapple, watchingtv

Can’t get my head round why it matters that people don’t do the same shifts week after week. It’s not really how the industry - particularly freelancing - works.
[-] The following 2 users Like all new phil's post:
  • Brekkie, Keith