BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(23-08-2023, 04:43 PM)ALV Wrote:  Technically no. A few weeks ago Studio C had a breakdown on air which a VT froze... Both UK and World feed opted to the balcony seconds later as a fallback measure.

www.youtube.com 

Do they have someone sitting in the broom cupboard at all times in case the main studio breaks down?

(23-08-2023, 10:21 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  https://twitter.com/chrisckmedia/status/1694457702833905925?s=20

Is the sting new/updated?

Never seen that “when big names talk they talk to the bbc trail” before. I don’t know why, but it just felt so tabloidy. Probably just me 

Has anyone else had this happen when watching on the bbc news app there is no clock in the usual place but instead is on the edge of the screen somewhere in a huge size.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 

That trail has been running for a while, but they seem to have stepped up the frequency of it lately - probably because the NC for viewers in the UK now has so many more gaps to fill.

I don’t know about the app; personally I always watch the channel via the BBC iPlayer app if using my phone. You get the regular broadcast stream with proper playback controls that way.

That trail (versions of it) has been running for years on BBC World News.
[-] The following 5 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Frances, interestednovice, Jayesyn

A few pres observations from the last 24 hours.

From yesterday's India moon landing coverage: 

ibb.co 

[*]Two 'LIVE' captions on screen -- one in the usual place, the other on the lower-third, for no obvious reason. 
[*]The L3 has a 'COMING UP' bug on it, even though it's been made quite clear -- twice - that we're already watching the event, live. 
[*]The 'Moon landing countdown' on the L3 proved useless, as touchdown was achieved with 45 seconds still to go. 

Elsewhere, the BBC exclusively obtained drone footage of the terrified passengers in the Pakistan cable car accident: 

ibb.co 

...onto which, of course, it then slapped the old BBC News logo -- or at least, a weirdly misaligned version of it. 

And finally, during today's 0500 TOTH, the L3s were no longer displaying a single, static headline, but a full rotating sequence of details and information related to the Wagner air crash: 

ibb.co 

Of course, this is almost exactly what we had before -- the only difference is that, previously, these details would have been on the second line of the L3s, with a static story title above them. 

It's almost as if someone realised that what we had before actually worked quite well, and there was no reason for making such irrational changes to the L3s in the first place.

I don’t think anything bbc news tries make sense, it just looks poorly executed there’s no thinking behind anything, other then make it really red and in your face.
[-] The following 7 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, Marcell, Quantum+83, Reith85, Stuart

(23-08-2023, 10:21 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  twitter.com 

And what did he learn on the second day in graphics design school?

Interesting to see some different Weather presenters too. Newsline's Barra Best is doing this afternoons forecasts. I'm sure I spotted Christopher Blanchett from Reporting Scotland over the weekend too. Interested to know if the pair presented from their home locations or whether they had to commute to London to do national forecasts.

Barra is definitely in London - he had a picture of the outside of NBH and a 'home for the next week' type caption on his Instagram stories a few days ago.
[-] The following 2 users Like PJamo's post:
  • harryb, Quantum+83