BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Has the breaking news in the ticker changed to the brighter red?

Can’t tell if it’s change or I’m just real tired!

[Image: IMG-0105.jpg]

(01-09-2023, 01:53 PM)Daveuk Wrote:  Has the breaking news in the ticker changed to the brighter red?

No, that's the standard shade of red. The Breaking News strap red is so bright it's difficult to look at. Which kind of defeats the object of what a TV news channels on screen graphics should be. But someone in charge thinks it's great.
[-] The following 8 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, GeeTeeKay474, harshy, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

(01-09-2023, 02:20 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  No, that's the standard shade of red. The Breaking News strap red is so bright it's difficult to look at.

I believe they were asking about the colour of the ticker text.
[-] The following 2 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83

Maryam Moshiri really needed a drink after the 1400 edition of BBC News Now 😄
ibb.co 

I'm quite certain there was nothing in that glass but water -- but my word, she knocked it back like a Club 18-30 rep on the vodka jellies.

I think Maryam’s been on something today Big Grin
twitter.com 

(01-09-2023, 05:59 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I think Maryam’s been on something today Big Grin
twitter.com 
Or maybe as the shocker of appointments of the original chiefs - she's no idea and what end up in a sleeping/rest room at NBH. 

TBH - and no offense to Maryam, I do feel she'll end up suffering the ill thought out management of those upstairs. The speed that she was promised to Yalda's show and then the forever of the scandalous hiring procedure... Last in, first out. Speculation of course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • xlalonce

(01-09-2023, 01:53 PM)Daveuk Wrote:  Has the breaking news in the ticker changed to the brighter red?

Yes and it’s only on the UK feed. On the international feed it’s still the original red.
[-] The following 7 users Like Frances's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Daveuk, LDN, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

(01-09-2023, 06:21 PM)Frances Wrote:  Yes and it’s only on the UK feed. On the international feed it’s still the original red.

Hang on, so the flippers back showing headlines?

(01-09-2023, 06:46 PM)thomalex Wrote:  Hang on, so the flippers back showing headlines?

Only when it wants to. During the Six and Sportsday tonight it’s been back to the website address.
[-] The following 8 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

This has become the problem with so many of us that really do care about this channel and what it's become. Way too many people are focussing on the non issues either viewer F, G, H or I would notice, but us
aficionados DO notice issues such as A, B, C, D, because we are so use to a BBC News Service that commands respect, and does not portray the dismal production of GBNEWS.

It's a shocking state of affairs and one someone would wake the FARM up to!
[-] The following 11 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, ilsondan15, interestednovice, KatsKaravan, News76, Quantum+83, Rolling News, SuperSajuuk