BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(09-09-2023, 12:28 PM)Hemsright Wrote:  these titles will last for the next 5 years, according to the current creative director.
Any source for this statement? Like a tweet?

(09-09-2023, 12:28 PM)Hemsright Wrote:  these titles will last for the next 5 years, according to the current creative director.

When did they say that?
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • News76, Roger Darthwell

They will be lucky if they last til next April, let alone 5 years.
[-] The following 2 users Like News76's post:
  • Jayesyn, Roger Darthwell

At that point they'll be pushing 20 years on screen in various guises. If they make it to that point, am I right in thinking they'll be amongst the longest-lasting bits of news presentation in this country?
[-] The following 3 users Like what's post:
  • mouseboy33, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Assuming BBC News lasts another 5 years of course.
[-] The following 2 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • chrisherald, Stuart

(09-09-2023, 01:44 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  Any source for this statement? Like a tweet?

You can look on The creative directors linkedin page. It is there.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hemsright's post:
  • chrisherald, Roger Darthwell

(09-09-2023, 02:20 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  When did they say that?

*Written in 2018*

The BBC News' Creative Director on his linkedin page has said that these new graphics will last for the next 10 years, I'm not sure if I can name the creative director But i'm sure you all know him.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hemsright's post:
  • chrisherald, Rolling News

(09-09-2023, 05:05 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  Assuming BBC News lasts another 5 years of course.
I think 5 years is quite optimistic.

I suspect that the next General Election programme will be anchored by Mr Blobby with a webcam and a smartphone from a Radio 5 Live studio. Confused
[-] The following 7 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Jayesyn, TJTSW, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(09-09-2023, 05:46 PM)Hemsright Wrote:  *Written in 2018*

The BBC News' Creative Director on his linkedin page has said that these new graphics will last for the next 10 years, I'm not sure if I can name the creative director But i'm sure you all know him.

2018 is when he started that role, not when that description was written.

Also, his CV on LinkedIn isn't the equivalent of the Stone Tablets - what is intended and what is described won't necessarily happen in reality.
[-] The following 3 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

(09-09-2023, 07:33 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  2018 is when he started that role, not when that description was written.

Also, his CV on LinkedIn isn't the equivalent of the Stone Tablets - what is intended and what is described won't necessarily happen in reality.
Reading it, it sounds like he was on about the new Studio B design, instead of the graphics.