BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(12-09-2023, 10:11 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  They appear to be using the 2021 background at the moment, along with the red box logo appearing on the left.

? Why. Did someone forget to add the 2023 background graphics or is it to prepare for new graphics for the branded shows. I also noticed World Business Report wasn't on yesterday, instead there were Business round ups at the half hour during BBC News Now and at 16:30 BST during verified live. Hopefully by midday I would expect them to fix this or even update the background graphics for the branded shows.

(12-09-2023, 10:17 AM)LTNewslover Wrote:  Did someone forget to add the 2023 background graphics or is it to prepare for new graphics for the branded shows.
Given this kind of stuff is template based, I suspect it's just a case of somebody accidentally loading the wrong template and not noticing because they are somewhat similar.
[-] The following 9 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, LTNewslover, oscillon, Quantum+83, SlimyTrain, UTVLifer

Back to the usual background on the ground level surprised it wasn’t purged and it’s still there to be selected.

Shame it didn’t revert the lower thirds to its former glory.
[-] The following 10 users Like harshy's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, ilsondan15, Jayesyn, LTNewslover, Quantum+83, SlimyTrain, Stuart, xlalonce

Is this a new presentation point within the news room?
[Image: 20230915_174409.jpg]

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(15-09-2023, 05:46 PM)Keith Wrote:  Is this a new presentation point within the news room?
[Image: 20230915_174409.jpg]
I can confirm it certainly is!  Big Grin
[-] The following 17 users Like NickyS's post:
  • AaronLancs, AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, BBI45, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, House, ilsondan15, JamesWorldNews, Keith, Spencer, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer, Worzel

(15-09-2023, 06:19 PM)NickyS Wrote:  I can confirm it certainly is!  Big Grin

Is that with the camera with the off frame rate ?

(15-09-2023, 06:19 PM)NickyS Wrote:  I can confirm it certainly is!  Big Grin
I'm taking a guess that this position may be replacing the one that was by the monitors. 

Allows for the TV screen to be less angled, thereby making it easier to read. It also avoids anyone being seen pratting about in another studio, whose output happens to be on one of the monitors.

Personally I also think this static angle looks better than the BBC Verify balcony. For some reason those pieces couldn't cope with the camera moving, making for poor quality pieces. Though it's been a well done I saw one of those segments.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Quantum+83

Not sure about that PowerPoint looking slide though just dosent look very designed, the grid work and fonts just seem to be off, I suspect it’s been put together by someone in the newsroom.

(16-09-2023, 11:35 AM)harshy Wrote:  Not sure about that PowerPoint looking slide though just dosent look very designed, the grid work and fonts just seem to be off, I suspect it’s been put together by someone in the newsroom.

As opposed to..?
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • Jayesyn

(16-09-2023, 11:40 AM)all new phil Wrote:  As opposed to..?
A slide that would be designed like the ones in studio b, it looks more designed, it certainly wouldn’t use that heading font and all in caps, the layout would be different because it’s portrait, it would just look more designed if it was network news, anything on news channel coming from NBH just looks odd on a creative level.