BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Agreed. The “hoop” adds nothing to the intro sequences these days.
[-] The following 7 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(04-11-2023, 01:56 PM)Hemsright Wrote:  New show on BBC News called "Future Earth". Presented from Washington with Carl Nasman. For titles they used the 'generic' bbc news theme with a longer build-up, & a rotating half transparent circle with shots of the earth, with the text centred.
This theme with a longer buildup is used by BBC1 bulletins too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

I watched last night’s bulletin and I still think Studio E is significantly nicer than the vast B.

The lighting is less harsh, the camera moves are slicker and you can’t beat that newsroom backdrop.

But why are Saturday bulletins still coming from E? Is it due to Laura K rehearsals?
[-] The following 11 users Like chris's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, DTV, interestednovice, janewaysbun, kookaburra, Rolling News, UTVLifer

The broken hoop is the least of their worries/troubles. Barely noticeable, even in better days.
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, Reith85

(05-11-2023, 10:30 AM)chris Wrote:  I watched last night’s bulletin and I still think Studio E is significantly nicer than the vast B.

The lighting is less harsh, the camera moves are slicker and you can’t beat that newsroom backdrop.

But why are Saturday bulletins still coming from E? Is it due to Laura K rehearsals?

I’m not sure. The Saturday evening bulletins came from B randomly for one weekend only about 3 weeks ago, though I’m not sure if that was the week when the LK show came from somewhere else for a political party conference.

As much as I prefer E, I’d much rather all network bulletins came from the same studio.
[-] The following 13 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chris, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jayesyn, JosiahStuart, Spencer, Stuart, thePineapple, TVfan23, UTVLifer

The Nicky Campbell phone-in as been dropped from the NC in favour of rolling middle east coverage for a month now. Same with Laura K on Sundays and Breakfast from 9am on Saturdays.

So what's happened to the premium UK simulcast content that we were told is an essential part of this new channel? (Roll eyes)

It’s been dropped, thankfully!

Simulcasts add nothing anyway and, since the BBC refuse to provide an official option to access the Global feed, would “cover up” the rolling coverage for those that want it. Anybody who can find their way to the NC in the UK can equally tune in to BBC One or BBC Two.
[-] The following 4 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • chrisherald, Jayesyn, Radio_man, Stuart

The ageing BBC News studios are continuing to fall apart, it seems. Now it looks as though the monitors integrated into the desk in Studio C are not working.

Azadeh Moshiri has been using a laptop on the desk in the 9pm GMT hour.
[-] The following 4 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Quantum+83, thePineapple

(05-11-2023, 10:15 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  Azadeh Moshiri has been using a laptop on the desk in the 9pm GMT hour.
Might just be personal preference. Victoria Derbyshire used to use a laptop/tablet when presenting in E.
[-] The following 6 users Like DTV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chrisherald, Jayesyn, Quantum+83, thePineapple

(05-11-2023, 10:18 PM)DTV Wrote:  Might just be personal preference. Victoria Derbyshire used to use a laptop/tablet when presenting in E.

True, but I’ve never seen anyone else do it in C before - even previous times Azadeh has appeared on the channel.