BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present

I've been trying to pay attention, but have the Hugs and Sports variants played out yet?

[Image: tig96x96.png]

(29-10-2022, 02:59 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  I've been trying to pay attention, but have the Hugs and Sports variants played out yet?
They have, the Sports one played out before the Rugby World Cup on One earlier this afternoon.

(29-10-2022, 03:29 PM)ConorM98 Wrote:  
(29-10-2022, 02:59 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  I've been trying to pay attention, but have the Hugs and Sports variants played out yet?
They have, the Sports one played out before the Rugby World Cup on One earlier this afternoon.
I mean the variants of Hugs x 2, and Sports x 3.

TV Home wasn’t able to identify any variations but it’s not an exact science so could have been missed if the differences were subtle. Although you’d wonder why they’d bother if that was the case!
[-] The following 2 users Like Asa's post:
  • Andrew Wood, ConorM98

Are we gonna see "Channel of the Year" byline on BBC1 idents?
twitter.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • clakulus

(11-02-2023, 10:55 AM)W. Knight Wrote:  Are we gonna see "Channel of the Year" byline on BBC1 idents?
twitter.com 
‘Channel of the Year’ appeared on the stings in the past…

theident.gallery 

…although this was for the Edinburgh TV Awards rather than the Broadcast Awards.

Channel 5 used ‘Broadcast Channel of the Year’ on their idents to differentiate in the past, so it’s possible BBC One may use this wording.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • Jimbo2022, W. Knight

I don't think BBC One has actually stopped showing the channel of the year blips!

With cinnamon, never chocolate
[-] The following 2 users Like Cappuccino's post:
  • Spencer, W. Knight

BBC Wales are using the 100 Years idents again this evening.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…

(14-02-2023, 01:23 AM)Si-Co Wrote:  BBC Wales are using the 100 Years idents again this evening.

theident.gallery 

[-] The following 11 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • BBCME, fanoftv, Frances, Hadrien, Happy2001, paul_hadley, Si-Co, Snop, Steve in Pudsey, Transmission, tvwatcher

A Question Time trail just aired, using the old "Watch on iPlayer" endboard instead of the animating icon.