BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(31-12-2023, 03:26 PM)Chud Wrote:  It feels like we are seeing a larger presenter list than we did before March. So many new faces have made their debut this year. Some are truly excellent.
Also, have we seen the last of producers in T-shirts presenting the UK opt? Haven’t seen that for a while.

I think most of the ‘new’ faces we’ve seen since the merger were already part of the presenting pool on BBC World News and overnights before March, and also occasionally popped up at weekends on the then domestic News Channel. The reason we’ve seen so much more of them is because they lost so many of the regular faces when the channels combined and have yet to fill the presenter reporter posts.
The only ones I’m aware of who have only appeared on screen post merger are Kylie Pentelow and Lauren Taylor, and of course the producers who have stepped up to the presenter chair.
[-] The following 5 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, UTVLifer

(31-12-2023, 03:42 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  I suspect Meghan was last minute cover.

Maybe that’s true, although her delivery was calm and competent. I thought she was very good!
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • Juicy Joe

Yes, unscheduled appearance but thought she was v good considering!

x.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like steve's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Juicy Joe, Quantum+83, thePineapple

(31-12-2023, 03:42 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  I suspect Meghan was last minute cover.

She was:

x.com 

There was a time when someone’s very first newsreading outing, for good reason, wouldn’t happen on national TV but that’s well and truly gone by the wayside now.
[-] The following 6 users Like leewilliams's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

Make that international TV!

Slight signs of nerves, perhaps, in that first TOTH but I saw the next one and Meghan was flawless. Even the first one was just as good as many experienced presenters.

Well done to her!
[-] The following 4 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, ginnyfan

Not even national TV, but international!

It is mildly amusing how the BBC consider reading the news on BBC One to be a somehow prestigious appointment but they don’t seem to have any qualms about letting the same people that wouldn’t “pass muster” on BBC One loose on the global BBC News Channel!
[-] The following 4 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, leewilliams, thePineapple

(31-12-2023, 05:35 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  Not even national TV, but international!

It is mildly amusing how the BBC consider reading the news on BBC One to be a somehow prestigious appointment but they don’t seem to have any qualms about letting the same people that wouldn’t “pass muster” on BBC One loose on the global BBC News Channel!

I think this year nearly everyone has had a go on BBC One, especially weekend lunchtimes.
[-] The following 6 users Like Chud's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Reith85, Rolling News

Floor manager (?) just appeared on BBC One bulletin

ibb.co 
[-] The following 6 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Reith85, Stuart

Slightly OT, and not the fault of the broadcasters: but the Elizabeth Tower clock is checked a number of times throughout the day to ensure accuracy, so we know the bongs were at the right time.

However, nobody reminded the people controlling the drones doing the countdown, who still thought they had 4 seconds left as Big Ben struck midnight. Confused
[-] The following 8 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chaose, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jayesyn, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Thank you to Nicky Schiller and the team for providing coverage of the New Year celebrations here in the U.K., and happy new year!!

x.com