BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-02-2024, 11:46 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Hard to tell in that cap but have they managed to update the BBC logo on the set?

It looks like the updated logo doesn’t it, as the letters have more space around then. I have to say I really like this studio. It’s a good use of space without looking overly cluttered. If this had been the update to the previous studio e look, I could see it being easy to adapt for the nations and regions.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 5 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice

The logo is updated, probably when they introduced the new WNA opening and changed the studio camera shots.

postimg.cc 

postimg.cc 
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice, Mjb

Thought it looked like they had been - so they've managed to update a physical logo on the US set but have only just managed to update it on screens for BBC Politics Live (and the title card still has the old logo!)
[-] The following 9 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, James, oscillon, Quantum+83, Rhys j, Stuart

(02-02-2024, 10:47 PM)Moz Wrote:  Not sure what the point of the Breaking News pushback is. Looks nice, but it’s already got a strap.

They probably did this because the breaking news strap is practically the same as the standard one now, so they have to find another way to distinguish and call the attention.
[-] The following 8 users Like Lec_Ver16's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, Reith85, RhysJR

Due to the events in Northern Ireland, the National bulletins will be a full 25 minutes today (15:30 and 22:00). Reeta Chakrabarti will be in Belfast.
[-] The following 10 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, Reith85, Roger Darthwell, Superman1986, SuperSajuuk

Good to see them making an effort even though it’s a weekend!
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • chrisherald

(03-02-2024, 09:09 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  That's a really great set, a good example how you can make a small space always look different and interesting.

i.postimg.cc 
It’s a shame we are half askeep in the UK, Washington definitely has a very good set design.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice

(03-02-2024, 12:20 AM)arbrax Wrote:  Can't help but think they've just thrown every graphic they can on screen here, does look a tad messy

Lol. I wouldn't even know which part to focus on as a viewer!
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

(03-02-2024, 03:38 PM)harshy Wrote:  It’s a shame we are half askeep in the UK, Washington definitely has a very good set design.

Yes, some of the new channel’s best hours are from Washington. We know that a lot of attention went into Washington before the relaunch, and it shows on-screen.

They are a tad over-reliant on having a panel, but for the most-part they tend to allow the panel to have a nuanced and polite debate (unlike the often mismatched panel on The Context) and/or provide some genuinely interesting context.

It does all just feel slightly odd still that so much attention goes to the US and Singapore when it’s supposed to be “the BBC” but if they can pull up standards in NBH perhaps that won’t be the case quite so much. The reason the US focus is so galling currently is largely because London output has started to look like the poor relation. If that can be rectified, they should be able to make a success of this yet (hopefully, trying to think optimistically).
[-] The following 4 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, thePineapple

BBC News in the UK is taking The View Stormont Special from BBC One NI this afternoon. Great to see a regional programme broadcast to the whole of the UK when it’s clearly the major news story for the day.

Interestingly no clock or ticker
[-] The following 9 users Like Mjb's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, arbrax, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, MLehon, Stuart, Superman1986