Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

(06-11-2022, 04:47 PM)KyleToons Wrote:  
(02-11-2022, 05:43 PM)Jake Wrote:  Channel 4 *Genre* could definitely be possible from what their YouTube channels look like.

Hope that isn't the case. Imagine E4 into Channel 4 Comedy.  Confused

I've heard that the E4 name will probably remain; it might get a rename to Channel E4 if the channel names change to 'Channel 4 Genre' - if not then it'll just stay as E4.

Yeah, I can see the logos being changed so that the 4 is intact though.

_____ /|
|___ / |
|__ /__|_
  __|_

Something like that.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • Blubatt, KyleToons

No more mocks, please.

With cinnamon, never chocolate
[-] The following 4 users Like Cappuccino's post:
  • chevron, GMc, Liam, orange

Although I am somewhat impressed that they did that with their keyboard.

E4 is going to be very interesting to look at - I do wonder how they’re going to go about it. I think it’s safe to say it’s staying - but I hope they remember they don’t need to confine it to anything. I think if anything, the 2018 rebrand has made it clear that trying to force the E4 brand and the C4 brand together is a bit of a mistake (to me at least), and I don’t think they should’ve ever changed the logo. The whole point of the channel was to be the alternative younger sibling to C4, it’s okay to let it stand out.
[-] The following 3 users Like orange's post:
  • bkman1990, JAS84, KyleToons

(05-11-2022, 04:07 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Which is dumb, as if you're watching on a small mobile phone screen, surely it's not HD?

Well... phones with 1080p (and 1440p) displays exist, and they're quite common these days (1440p less common, obviously).
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArthurVX's post:
  • dbl

I guess we might see something similar to what is mooted for ITV with idents all beginning with a single C4 identifier followed by different takes for each of the individual channels.

They could even just slap on Channel 4 next to them all on the EPG name if they want to hammer the point home.

All but the most basic (new) smartphones will display 720p. On flagship smartphones, 1920 x 1080 and higher has been around for almost a decade.

(06-11-2022, 12:09 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  I find it a bit disappointing if they’ve dropped the redrawn version of the 4 logo, I know it’s probably a subtle difference for most people but it makes the logo look less “heavy” for want of a better word, and looks better at reduced size.

I have to disagree. It's Channel 4's equivalent to the 2007 BBC Two '2' in my eyes. It's what we know and love but a bit off.
[-] The following 3 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • bilky asko, L1_, thomalex

Indeed - it's not quite the difference between the 1997 BBC logo and current one, but the slimmed logo didn't look as nice to my eyes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • L1_

Has the Channel 4 giant blockman completely gone now, nowhere to be seen? Instead of the occasionally outing when these new idents debuted?
Thread Closed