BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(04-03-2024, 08:38 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  A few months ago. Newscast, Americast, Ukrainecast and the Today Podcast (don't think I'm forgetting any) now all share that new studio

Thursday editions of Newcsast come from that radio type studio. The one on Sunday is from the new studio which is used for numerous things as noted above. The Brits nominee discussion was done from there.

I did really like when it came from the radio studio, it felt much more like it was a chat and wasn’t rehearsed whereas now it feels a bit more rehearsed and that’s a loss, however good too see Paddy. Always been a fan of his since his BBC three liquid News days.

Are those books with bbc, newscast and bbc sounds on real? I can’t make my mind up.

I was watching a clip of when they moved into studio b. It really was a case of new toy with Huw criss crossing the studio keeping his steps up for the day. It’s gone back to more desk based nowadays and does pose the question did they really need such a big space it’s a shame they didn’t go for soemthing more breakfast studio.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 

Not sure where to put this but was thinking back to the coverage of Denmark New King, was there any for the Spanish King in 2014

Interesting bit from the Telegraph on plans for UK only content till 6PM, undoing the meger in effect

Unfortunately the MSN link isn't exteenal

So here's the Telegraph [paywall]

www.telegraph.co.uk 

Small fair use extract: "Under plans being drawn up, the news channel will focus on UK current affairs from 9am to 6pm rather than offering a global perspective at all times.

The combined output, which covers both domestic and world news, will be relegated to evenings and overnight.

A BBC spokesman insisted the changes were only temporary in the run-up to the general election."
[-] The following 10 users Like Stockland Hillman's post:
  • AndrewP, arbrax, bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN, lookoutwales, Ma76, oscillon, Reith85, Rolling News

Not a bad move/reversal. When does this start? Also when are the newly appointed chief presenters due to start?

(04-03-2024, 07:33 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Not a bad move/reversal. When does this start? Also when are the newly appointed chief presenters due to start?

If one was to speculate, 8th of April will be the first working day of the new financial year.
[-] The following 5 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Ma76, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(04-03-2024, 07:05 PM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  Interesting bit from the Telegraph on plans for UK only content till 6PM, undoing the meger in effect

Unfortunately the MSN link isn't exteenal

So here's the Telegraph [paywall]

www.telegraph.co.uk 

Small fair use extract: "Under plans being drawn up, the news channel will focus on UK current affairs from 9am to 6pm rather than offering a global perspective at all times.

The combined output, which covers both domestic and world news, will be relegated to evenings and overnight.

A BBC spokesman insisted the changes were only temporary in the run-up to the general election."
Presumably saying that it's "only temporary" due to the general election is a way of the BBC having to admit to making at least a partial a u-turn. Hopefully in six months time they'll quietly make it permanent.

I'm assuming that 9am to 9.30am won't just be a simulcast of Breakfast. I wonder if Politics Live will also get simulcast, as it currently does on Wednesdays. Then there's also the News at One, which is due to become an hour long in the near future.

So potentially in the near future on weekday we could get...
- 9am to 12.15pm: BBC News UK Opt
- 12.15 to 1pm: Politics Live (BBC Two simulcast)
- 1 to 2 pm: BBC News at One (BBC One simulcast + sport during regional news)
- 2 to 6pm: BBC News UK Opt

Evenings and overnights on a weekday were shared pre-merger, so makes sense to keep that the same. I'm guessing that weekends will also be shared, rather than getting UK opt-outs.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 12 users Like Keith's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, Ma76, Reith85, Rolling News, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple, Toby brown, UTVLifer

(04-03-2024, 07:05 PM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  Small fair use extract: "Under plans being drawn up, the news channel will focus on UK current affairs from 9am to 6pm rather than offering a global perspective at all times.

So there making a Temp changes that could last another 8 to 9 months??? Doesn't sound very temporary to me.

(04-03-2024, 07:46 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  If one was to speculate, 8th of April will be the first working day of the new financial year.

I would say even earlier than that 26th March ? I'm starting to think there will be a May election at this rate. Why would they start doing this now? Surly they would start such a plan in Sept for the so called Autumn election?
[-] The following 2 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(04-03-2024, 08:43 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Why would they start doing this now? Surly they would start such a plan in Sept for the so called Autumn election?

Does it actually say they are starting it now?

Will it be a proper UK service or will it be a junior presenter in a cupboard for hours on end?

If it coincides with E reopening, then I hope they're back in that studio.
[-] The following 12 users Like London Lite's post:
  • AJB39, alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, DeMarkay, Jayesyn, Ma76, RDJ, Reith85, Spencer, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer