BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Looks like the new tower is in E. Can see it from the verify balcony

This afternoon the News Channel actually felt like the old UK centric channel today. Did that go out to World viewers or did they split?
[-] The following 1 user Likes scoobiesnacks's post:
  • chrisherald

(06-03-2024, 09:30 PM)scoobiesnacks Wrote:  This afternoon the News Channel actually felt like the old UK centric channel today. Did that go out to World viewers or did they split?

As far as I know it was split all day between 9am and 6pm with Rajini Vaidyanathan at a sometimes very noisy Westminster (save for the simulcasts of the One and Politics Live).
[-] The following 6 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Juicy Joe, scoobiesnacks, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(06-03-2024, 10:30 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  As far as I know it was split all day between 9am and 6pm with Rajini Vaidyanathan at a sometimes very noisy Westminster (save for the simulcasts of the One and Politics Live).

Yeh it was noisey. How far is Millbank from College Green? It feels like it would be a better option to use a studio when you got that much noise. I know they use the Green for convenience to get interviews with the relevant people quickly.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chud's post:
  • bkman1990, Rolling News, scoobiesnacks, UTVLifer

For the record, both the Six and Ten today came from Newcastle with Clive Myrie.
[-] The following 4 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • chrisherald, Rolling News, TVfan23, UTVLifer

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the BBC News Channel with BBC2 were using a different flipper style and cleaner sharper, less bold (Reith?) font during today's rare Nicky Campbell appearance and also along the graphics to the side. Rather than the headline rising upwards and disappearing like usual followed by another to take it's place (i.e. flipping), it was more of a vertical wipe. The font seemed pretty good in HD. However, at 10am, it reverted to its original look?
[-] The following 3 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • AndrewP, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(07-03-2024, 11:09 AM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the BBC News Channel with BBC2 were using a different flipper style and cleaner sharper, less bold (Reith?) font during today's rare Nicky Campbell appearance and also along the graphics to the side. Rather than the headline rising upwards and disappearing like usual followed by another to take it's place (i.e. flipping), it was more of a vertical wipe. The font seemed pretty good in HD. However, at 10am, it reverted to its original look?

Yes, it was the same yesterday.

There was no time on the screen and every now again the red strap would change to REITH Sans and then animate off and back on with the usual REITH Sans Serif.

I think it's because they're using a different set up/gallery for Nicky Campbell now, one which uses a different graphics system, and possibly one which is used for the iPlayer streams that require fewer people to operate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • scoobiesnacks

(07-03-2024, 12:17 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  I think it's because they're using a different set up/gallery for Nicky Campbell now, one which uses a different graphics system, and possibly one which is used for the iPlayer streams that require fewer people to operate.

That sounds like SILVER, their Simple livestreaming system

(05-03-2024, 04:03 PM)i.h Wrote:  Good to see sanity begin to prevail. It was getting tedious having to hear the explanations of what the "UK chancellor" is or references to "the UK's opposition Labour Party" - obviously necessary for international viewers but downright patronising to the home market.
Does the international audience even need those explanations? No one needs to be told the US secretary of state is the foreign minister or the German or Austrian Chancellor is the PM. Arguably, both Germany and Austria are less "prominent" than the UK. If the presenter says "now here in the UK", people can start figuring these out ourselves.
[-] The following 5 users Like Independent's post:
  • AndrewP, matthieu1221, Rolling News, Stuart, UTVLifer