BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(25-04-2024, 02:30 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  I imagine the upgraded E will eventually look quite similar to how D now looks, with a tower screen but keeping the circular desk look. I do like that style, and find it more “friendly”, if that makes sense, than Studio B. I do think B suffers from the stark graphics quite a bit - I much prefer it with Laura K’s backdrop instead, and that programme really shows off the studio.
I did consider taking up some random religions so that I could pray to different deities, in the hope that one of them would make the 'travelling set' fall in a skip on the way to the van during its departure from Norwich.

Alas, it's probably heading to Plymouth. Confused

Why can't they just stick in a couple of Towers the same as in D, and leave the rest alone?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • James

The reason for One being in D today. Prep in B for elections coverage.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 8 users Like harryb's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN, lookoutwales, matthieu1221, Meteor

(25-04-2024, 04:36 PM)harryb Wrote:  The reason for One being in D today. Prep in B for elections coverage.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Given we're only a week away from the local elections I wonder if this means that the 'mega desk' will remain in situ now until then. Presumably they're using B rather than Milbank for the local election coverage as it gives them a live test run for the general election.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • chrisherald

(25-04-2024, 04:36 PM)harryb Wrote:  The reason for One being in D today. Prep in B for elections coverage.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Can't help but notice 2 seats there, suspect the coverage will be a double header.

(25-04-2024, 04:40 PM)Keith Wrote:  Given we're only a week away from the local elections I wonder if this means that the 'mega desk' will remain in situ now until then. Presumably they're using B rather than Milbank for the local election coverage as it gives them a live test run for the general election.

The mega desk will remain in situ in B until the local elections, just like it was last year for about a week or so prior as well

Millbank hasn't been used for local election overnights since 2018 - and when the current set was installed that summer - so it was always going to be B
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • chrisherald

This was put on TikTok today. Studio E doesn’t look like it’s had much of a revamp, except for the tower.
vm.tiktok.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like J102B's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Chud, oscillon, Quantum+83, thePineapple

(25-04-2024, 05:59 PM)J102B Wrote:  This was put on TikTok today. Studio E doesn’t look like it’s had much of a revamp, except for the tower.
vm.tiktok.com 

Good! I was fearing they'd mess around with it, it looks perfect the way it is, can't wait to see the live newsroom backdrop on some output soon
[-] The following 3 users Like janewaysbun's post:
  • bkman1990, RhysJR, xlalonce

(25-04-2024, 06:09 PM)janewaysbun Wrote:  Good! I was fearing they'd mess around with it, it looks perfect the way it is, can't wait to see the live newsroom backdrop on some output soon

I’m inclined to agree. I always thought it was a classy looking studio. Sometimes simple is better.
[-] The following 3 users Like J102B's post:
  • chrisherald, Nige, xlalonce

(25-04-2024, 06:17 PM)J102B Wrote:  I’m inclined to agree. I always thought it was a classy looking studio. Sometimes simple is better.

It looks like they have removed the LED screen in front of the desk and replaced it with a light box, which I guess is understandable as it would probably be approaching end of life and would be expensive to replace.
[-] The following 1 user Likes South's post:
  • bkman1990

(25-04-2024, 06:09 PM)janewaysbun Wrote:  Good! I was fearing they'd mess around with it, it looks perfect the way it is, can't wait to see the live newsroom backdrop on some output soon
Watching people in an office is quite boring. I do it at work whenever I look up.

I really can't imagine the fascination for anyone.
[-] The following 5 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, Rolling News, UTVLifer