Thread Closed

2024 Local Elections

I thought B looked rather good from what I saw? Certainly better than the usual stark white and red.
[-] The following 11 users Like all new phil's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, LDN, Moz, Quantum+83, Reith85, Spencer, Transmission, UTVLifer, warbler, xlalonce

Sir John Curtice did the opener for Newsnight tonight, rather than the presenter Victoria Derbyshire.
[-] The following 4 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • bilky asko, chrisherald, Reith85, UTVLifer

(03-05-2024, 08:28 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  I take it there will be two different feeds on the BBC News channel tomorrow afternoon?

It seems so. UK opt out on the balcony as of 12pm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • Milkshake

Feels like so much is happening today with some higher profile results and the scheduling across BBC TV and radio doesn't really reflect that.

(04-05-2024, 12:10 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  It seems so. UK opt out on the balcony as of 12pm.
It looks like a different background to what I've previously seen. Appears to be various video screens, with clips on those and people moving in the background.

They're also using a position in the newsroom to display stats, as per seen on Breakfast. I wonder if this presentation point replaces the initial one that was by the output monitors. I don't think I've seen the latter since the unfortunate incident of colleges being seen on a background monitor messing about in a studio.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 5 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Jayesyn, Rolling News, UTVLifer

I may be a bit spoiled by the American offering for US elections but the BBC coverage of London is lacking in graphics when counts are being announced -- and the map at the screen isn't really being updated very promptly (they are missing a constituency which was just declared yet continuing to talk about the numbers as if it had been added to the totals!).

Sky isn't doing rolling coverage of the London counts, with a rather misleading percentage on screen (says 'latest' which is true but it'd be nice for it to mention how many constituencies have been declared so far like they do with councils and seats for the rest of the country).
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • chrisherald

(03-05-2024, 05:09 PM)AndrewP Wrote:  Yes, I recorded a little bit of it on my phone here up.metropol247.co.uk 
The right ear is FM and the left ear is LW

In the past, only LW would take the Shipping Forecast but last night the forecast was on both LW and FM.
I assume it's because the separate LW schedule has now been discontinued.

No Sailing By though, unfortunately!
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • chinamug, scottishtv

(04-05-2024, 02:07 PM)Keith Wrote:  It looks like a different background to what I've previously seen. Appears to be various video screens, with clips on those and people moving in the background.

They're also using a position in the newsroom to display stats, as per seen on Breakfast. I wonder if this presentation point replaces the initial one that was by the output monitors. I don't think I've seen the latter since the unfortunate incident of colleges being seen on a background monitor messing about in a studio.

The background is the same one that is used for other UK only output.
The touchscreen in the newsroom has been in that position for months now, it moved around the same time as the other newsroom camera that you see with the vertical touchscreen (the one mainly used for correspondents).

Plenty of political journalists burned by comments like this before the votes were counted yesterday.

twitter.com 

Plus Sky News getting critisicm for projecting Labour falling short of a majority at a general election based on this week's poll results - which falls foul of the smell test of everyone really.
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie, chrisherald, DeMarkay

(04-05-2024, 02:07 PM)Keith Wrote:  It looks like a different background to what I've previously seen. Appears to be various video screens, with clips on those and people moving in the background.
Actually you might be right (correcting myself) ...
[-] The following 2 users Like NickyS's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer
Thread Closed