Late Night Lycett

I think the worst thing you could do is extend or duplicate the run.

More different things - don’t give this one any more eps

I hope we’re still getting series of Joe Lycett’s Got Your Back, even though I want to like Late Night Lycett more, I think the former is the better programme and probably having more of a purpose.

I think a run of each per year is the way to go.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, DeMarkay

Late Night Lycett has the energy which The Last Leg now lacks. I think having an autumn series would be good, as The Last Leg is back in the summer, and then doesn't return until around November, so Late Night Lycett could be a great mid September to mid November autumn run for Channel 4, and a Christmas special too.

(12-05-2024, 02:39 PM)Jon Wrote:  I hope we’re still getting series of Joe Lycett’s Got Your Back, even though I want to like Late Night Lycett more, I think the former is the better programme and probably having more of a purpose.

I think a run of each per year is the way to go.

I had assumed they’d canned Got Your Back, as it hasn’t been on in almost 3 years now. Massive shame as it’s a great show, but yeah last series was August 2021

Enjoyed the final episode of Series 2 tonight....felt quite final in places though? With the 'selling off' of bits of the set & Richard Yewtree being spun round on Joe.

Hopefully Channel 4 can find the money to keep the show going though!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Ash101's post:
  • Brekkie, fanoftv

(18-05-2024, 01:18 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  Enjoyed the final episode of Series 2 tonight....felt quite final in places though? With the 'selling off' of bits of the set & Richard Yewtree being spun round on Joe.

Hopefully Channel 4 can find the money to keep the show going though!!

It will be back - I was told that we have only seen 6 out of the 8 commissioned shows for 2024 - so we are still left with 2 shows to see. I suspect there will be another Christmas special and maybe a New Year's Eve special.

From what I gather, Channel 4 know they are on to a good show, especially with the BAFTA award and it will be back - just probably with a brand new look to the set, which Joe probably wants to change after two series.

Do we even know how this programme does compared to other shows that would take the slot? Certainly haven’t seen any ratings for this series.

Comes in 29th on C4 in the latest ratings on Thinkbox with 538k, so sadly not getting the audience it arguably deserves, especially with the number one show of the week as a lead in. I think even though it feels much more tired lately The Last Leg is usually towards the top of the list.

Not sure of how ratings have been across the series but it kind of feels like the series end before it has really got into it's stride.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • fanoftv, Jon

(18-05-2024, 05:50 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Comes in 29th on C4 in the latest ratings on Thinkbox with 538k, so sadly not getting the audience it arguably deserves, especially with the number one show of the week as a lead in. I think even though it feels much more tired lately The Last Leg is usually towards the top of the list.

Not sure of how ratings have been across the series but it kind of feels like the series end before it has really got into it's stride.

On most occasions with consolidated audience figures, I read The Last Leg usually tops over 1 to 1.5 million viewers for the 10pm slot - and again, this is very decent figures, especially to all the nay sayers out there who want it ended, Channel 4 will not end The Last Leg - as said to me by someone who works in the media, The Last Leg is "Channel 4's bread and butter show" - just in the same way BBC One has Have I Got News For You, both shows well past their sell by date, but both stable and bring in decent business, especially for Channel 4, as it is one of very rare live entertainment shows seen on a Friday night.

Joe is a niche performer, with a niche audience - over 500,000 is that is the overnight figure is actually fairly fine for his type and style of comedy. I really like Joe, but I feel he suits better his consumer help shows, where he is there fighting for people against big companies and scams.

(18-05-2024, 05:55 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  On most occasions with consolidated audience figures, I read The Last Leg usually tops over 1 to 1.5 million viewers for the 10pm slot - and again, this is very decent figures, especially to all the nay sayers out there who want it ended, Channel 4 will not end The Last Leg - as said to me by someone who works in the media, The Last Leg is "Channel 4's bread and butter show" - just in the same way BBC One has Have I Got News For You, both shows well past their sell by date, but both stable and bring in decent business, especially for Channel 4, as it is one of very rare live entertainment shows seen on a Friday night.

Joe is a niche performer, with a niche audience - over 500,000 is that is the overnight figure is actually fairly fine for his type and style of comedy. I really like Joe, but I feel he suits better his consumer help shows, where he is there fighting for people against big companies and scams.
I think there is probably a happy medium between Got Your Back and the sort of stunts he pulls for that and his stand up and Late Night Lycett which feels like it lacks something.