(18-11-2022, 03:04 PM)cable Wrote:  looks like its beginning to rollout onto Android TV devices, my Chromecast with Google TV is trying to launch ITVX with an error saying there is something wrong their end. app icon is still itv hub on the home screen but ITVX splash screen when launching.

Same with the Nvidia Shield. Fire TV is still ITV Hub.

I'm having issues with the live streams not playing. I can watch episodes and other clips just fine, but not the live streams (which would work when ITVX was still the ITV Hub).

ITVX is now working on the Nvidia Shield while the ITV Hub tile is still on the home page.

As others have mentioned, compared to the ITV Hub, it uses adaptive bitrate streaming, so is slower to go up to 1080p on the live streams.

(18-11-2022, 12:30 PM)Rex Wrote:  
(18-11-2022, 10:42 AM)monotiller Wrote:  Pure speculation here but there were some people who felt the animated ITV4 ident felt out of place, perhaps it's in preparation for showing more animated content on the channel?

It would actually make the evening schedules a lot more plentiful when there's no sport on air, ITV4 has been heavily relying on action films and All Elite Wrestling to prop up primetime. Anime in particular reduces this especially when there's already enough material to broadcast in the schedules. 

Much of ITVX's anime library is the same that All 4 previously had before ITV secured the rights, I recognise shows such as Cowboy Bebop and Persona 5: The Animation that have recently been added.

Anime is incredibly niche. I can’t imagine them putting it on ITV4.

(18-11-2022, 03:04 PM)cable Wrote:  looks like its beginning to rollout onto Android TV devices, my Chromecast with Google TV is trying to launch ITVX with an error saying there is something wrong their end. app icon is still itv hub on the home screen but ITVX splash screen when launching.

seems to be working fine now.

The Shield app is very buggy. The app either crashes or freezes, sometimes the picture doesn't show but has audio.

Xbox has also updated but the icon is still showing ITV Hub. My chromecast started playing up again exiting the app randomly.

One thing which would be good, is enforcing 50HZ like BBC iPlayer does. Since Android 12, non-seamless frame rate matching is available.

I've gone back to using ITV Hub on the Fire TV. No issues at all.

(18-11-2022, 04:26 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(18-11-2022, 12:30 PM)Rex Wrote:  It would actually make the evening schedules a lot more plentiful when there's no sport on air, ITV4 has been heavily relying on action films and All Elite Wrestling to prop up primetime. Anime in particular reduces this especially when there's already enough material to broadcast in the schedules. 

Much of ITVX's anime library is the same that All 4 previously had before ITV secured the rights, I recognise shows such as Cowboy Bebop and Persona 5: The Animation that have recently been added.

Anime is incredibly niche. I can’t imagine them putting it on ITV4.
You'd be surprised. Next time there's a comic con, look at the cosplayers' costumes. If you don't recognise a character as being from a sci-fi or fantasy TV show or movie, or a superhero comic book or movie, it's probably from anime.

To be fair, comic cons are quite niche too.