Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

I have my doubts whether or not 4Reality will actually come into this renaming/realignment strategy, since E4 has been confirmed to 'still exist as a brand in some capacity'.

Maybe we'll eventually see E4 Extra become E4 and E4 (original) becoming 4Reality, a la what happened with the original 4Music?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Allanbuzzy's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(28-11-2022, 06:41 PM)Allanbuzzy Wrote:  I have my doubts whether or not 4Reality will actually come into this renaming/realignment strategy, since E4 has been confirmed to 'still exist as a brand in some capacity'.

Maybe we'll eventually see E4 Extra become E4 and E4 (original) becoming 4Reality, a la what happened with the original 4Music?

I would think the opposite instead, I think that it's E4 Extra that could become 4Reality and the original E4 stays as E4

I may just not have seen this before or this may be new but for content warnings in the middle of programmes, they use the normal new 'moving 4' ident. Just seen during Hollyoaks now.

In keeping with past campaigns, Channel 4 has added the #WorldAidsDay tag to its new ident for 1st December.

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]

(02-12-2022, 12:32 AM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  In keeping with past campaigns, Channel 4 has added the #WorldAidsDay tag to its new ident for 1st December.

theident.gallery 

I thought for a moment they’d brought back the 1990s circle idents.  Blush
[-] The following 8 users Like Spencer's post:
  • Andrew Wood, fanoftv, Jon, Jonny, Larry the Loafer, orange, Roger Darthwell, Stuart

(02-11-2022, 09:06 PM)Ittr Wrote:  Quite late to the party here, but I'm quite happy that they're doing away with the 2015 logo (or so it seems...). Probably just a "me" thing, but the proportions always looked and felt dreadful compared to the original.
I’m clearly much much later to the party - and not a regular C4 viewer. What do you mean by the 2015 logo? Hasn’t Channel 4 always had the same logo? I know it’s been in circles and squares, but the 4 in building blocks has never changed has it?

Or have I missed something?

Anyway, back to catching up from page 12 of this thread..!

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(04-12-2022, 11:30 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(02-11-2022, 09:06 PM)Ittr Wrote:  Quite late to the party here, but I'm quite happy that they're doing away with the 2015 logo (or so it seems...). Probably just a "me" thing, but the proportions always looked and felt dreadful compared to the original.
I’m clearly much much later to the party - and not a regular C4 viewer. What do you mean by the 2015 logo? Hasn’t Channel 4 always had the same logo? I know it’s been in circles and squares, but the 4 in building blocks has never changed has it?

The 2015 version of the 4 logo has thinner proportions to the original - and the one that has returned.

[Image: tig96x96.png]

(04-12-2022, 11:37 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  
(04-12-2022, 11:30 PM)Moz Wrote:  I’m clearly much much later to the party - and not a regular C4 viewer. What do you mean by the 2015 logo? Hasn’t Channel 4 always had the same logo? I know it’s been in circles and squares, but the 4 in building blocks has never changed has it?

The 2015 version of the 4 logo has thinner proportions to the original - and the one that has returned.
 Yeah, that one was one of my favorite iterations of the Channel 4 logo, right next to the 3D blocks. I don't really share the resentment to the 2015 logo some here do.

"Please stand by for further details, as we return you now to your regularly scheduled program. Hopefully."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radiounion's post:
  • benzj

Seeing the thumbnail of the comparison Andrew posted, it's clear the 2015 version works better at a smaller size, as the individual blocks are still distinct. On the original version, they all blend into one solid '4'.
[-] The following 4 users Like Spencer's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, benzj, chaose, VMPhil

When will Channel 4 start using their Christmas idents? I know in previous years, Channel 4 has been the last of the five main channels to start using their Christmas idents.

I think we can guess it will simply be the same idents used before.
Thread Closed