BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

I hadn't noticed the blue tint but you can see it quite noticeably here (and the different in set height and studio depth!)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like DrewF's post:
  • LDN, Spencer

(25-03-2024, 09:00 AM)steve Wrote:  Random thought but, thinking back to the days of the Peter ‘Clunk’ Levy self-op in Leeds, with new playout systems would it not be easier today to do. Build the bulletin in Mosart (I know the regions don’t have Mosart, but for example!), simply press F12 to transition through the bulletin, etc. Probably a host of reasons why not, but I’ve wondered for a while!

I think the main reason is that they don't need to. It gives a lot more flexibility being able to schedule any presenter for that shift rather than making sure it's somebody who knows how to drive the desk. I don't think they use any fewer staff now (except perhaps not needing a VT op), just in different roles.

Peter read an email out tonight from a viewer saying that he and Paul should have a podcast

Considering it’s quicker to list who doesn’t have a podcast these days, maybe they should start one. 30 mins of weather, anecdotes and banter. I’d listen.
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, London Lite, Spencer

(03-04-2024, 10:07 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Peter read an email out tonight from a viewer saying that he and Paul should have a podcast

Considering it’s quicker to list who doesn’t have a podcast these days, maybe they should start one. 30 mins of weather, anecdotes and banter. I’d listen.

Watching Peter and Paul on iPlayer (now twice a day!) is my guilty pleasure. I also love it when Katerina covers for Paul and she's cheeky to him!
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • interestednovice, Kendal87

"Good afternoon / evening young man"

"What did you get up to at the weekend Peter...never you mind!" (a viewer usually finds out anyway!)

"Can you put Pluto on the weather map"
[-] The following 2 users Like Johnr's post:
  • interestednovice, Kendal87

That's a decent shout - if you go back 25 years the lunchtime Look North banter was often a continuation of Paul's appearance on Peter's Radio Leeds mid-morning show.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • interestednovice

(25-03-2024, 07:57 PM)DrewF Wrote:  I hadn't noticed the blue tint but you can see it quite noticeably here (and the different in set height and studio depth!)

That looks more a white balance issue on the camera rather than the screens themselves. You can tell by the slight blue tint to the script paper and the LED strip light on the top.
[-] The following 1 user Likes peterrocket's post:
  • interestednovice

(04-04-2024, 03:32 PM)peterrocket Wrote:  That looks more a white balance issue on the camera rather than the screens themselves. You can tell by the slight blue tint to the script paper and the LED strip light on the top.

I see what you’re saying, but the whites look fine on the lights around the bottom of the screens and on Tom’s shirt. Skin tones also look spot on. Getting camera white balance correct shouldn’t be difficult, and yet the blue tint is noticeable on every shot.

Christa Ackroyd made a surprise return to Look North this lunchtime…

…in an interview in her role as director of the Brontë Birthplace.

A certain former Look North and Calendar presenter appeared during a report today:

www.bbc.co.uk 

(Around 6:20 in the bulletin)