TNT Sports

(03-02-2024, 11:44 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Depends how nice the desk is really - sometimes having a desk to hide behind can make the pundits relax a bit.

Who is the presenter?

Kate Mason, who seems to have presented all TNT Sports cricket coverage

www.instagram.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie

(03-02-2024, 10:11 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Aren't the UK studios only a few months old?

Is there a knock on effect for broadcasts in Sweden/Poland?

The studios were ready in plenty of time for the start of the season, but due to supply chain issues the galleries weren't ready - hence initially using some OB trucks and portable cabins in the car park:

www.linkedin.com 

I understand the galleries are now ready but the virtual studio kit needs calibrating. Which seems to be taking quite some time.

(03-02-2024, 11:26 AM)harshy Wrote:  Desks on sport broadcasts just make it look too formal and stuffy, I remember back in the day when bbc sport used to do outside broadcasts and take their massive desk with them, it just looked very formal really then sky came along with their tiny little circle table which I thought was loads better.
I think Brekkie's right - it does depend on the desk! BT's cricket pres used a big sofa, which is probably a far more comfortable place to watch a test match from than an office chair. That's not to say the talent don't head off to the green room whenever they're not on screen!
[-] The following 2 users Like thegeek's post:
  • harshy, RhysJR

Back to Europe this week - I see that the Goals Show has made its traditional post-Christmas move to Thursday night for the UEL/UECL, but has moved up to TNT Sports 3, rather than being tucked away on a red button channel.

That’s a welcome move, I thought they were trying to kill it off - there were nights it was hidden away on the red button while TNT 1 was showing prerecorded content. Hopefully that’s the end of it being on the red button (and not the end of it altogher!)

twitter.com 

From 2025/26 football season all televised FA Cup games will be broadcast Live on TNT Sports moving the oldest cup competition behind a paywall.

(20-02-2024, 11:53 PM)tvfan123! Wrote:  twitter.com 
From 2025/26 football season all televised FA Cup games will be broadcast Live on TNT Sports moving the oldest cup competition behind a paywall.

There is still going to be a FTA element. Although TNT have won all the rights, they will sub-licence the FTA element to another broadcaster. The final has to be on FTA anyway under law as it's on the protected list.

There is still questions as to whether TNT will show any games that are also on FTA but we wait to see on that front.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • London Lite

Eurosport's British Superbikes lead commentator Steve Day will join the TNT Sports MotoGP team for a few races through the season. Another sign of the two broadcasters having common ownership.

x.com 

And the UK TNT Sports coverage will be shown by the American TNT Sports this season.

x.com 

www.sportcal.com .

Seen complaints about a new main camera angle used by TNT Sports' rugby coverage tonight. I didn't watch, but I think this is it. If this was used often, it would be very hard to see the other side of the pitch.

twitter.com 

Is TNT Sports' women's cricket coverage back in London, or is it like the men's and in Stockholm?

twitter.com