French TV - News Discussion

(13-12-2022, 01:24 AM)Kojak Wrote:  
(12-12-2022, 10:23 PM)London Lite Wrote:  At the moment, the 13H and 20H bulletins have never been stronger.  This household prefers to watch Julian Bugier and Anne-Sophie Lapix over the TF1 bulletin which still has a massive JPP void that Marie-Sophie Lacarrau hasn't been able to replicate, not helped that Dominique Lagrou-Sempère left in 2021.  The two ways between them had none of the charm that JPP and Dominique had previously during the SOS Villages segments.

Personally I'd like to see Julian move to 20H with a new female presenter on the lunchtime bulletin, maybe thinking out of the box by hiring Karine Baste rather than Léa or Caroline.
God, JPP was brilliant. And this is coming from someone who barely speaks a word of French! I always found it funny how he refused to use the autocue. His excuse was ‘I prefer to improvise’. 

I’d have thought TF1 would snap Anne-Sophie up if France 2 does indeed let her go? Probably to LCI, or even (this is very much out of left field) as a co-host for Gilles Bouleau on Le 20H?

The only issue I have with that is that they brought in Marie-Sophie from France 2 who hasn't been able to replicate what she did on the other side, because she's always going to be compared to JPP and Anne-Sophie would also have a similar problem.

France Télévisions and Anne-Sophie really need to sign a new contract to continue on France 2.

I don't think TF1 realised just how much of a void JPP left when he retired in 2020 as that iconic midday bulletin just isn't the same now and France 2 are benefitting from that. The recent Canal+ issues which saw TF1 viewers switching to France 2 for news wouldn't have helped if they're not coming back.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Kojak, Roger Darthwell

The Première édition logo has been added to the lower thirds blue strap this week on BFMTV.

[Image: P%20EDITION%202022_12_13_03_25_00_ts_sna...36_374.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Medianext.MX

(13-12-2022, 01:34 AM)London Lite Wrote:  
(13-12-2022, 01:24 AM)Kojak Wrote:  God, JPP was brilliant. And this is coming from someone who barely speaks a word of French! I always found it funny how he refused to use the autocue. His excuse was ‘I prefer to improvise’. 

I’d have thought TF1 would snap Anne-Sophie up if France 2 does indeed let her go? Probably to LCI, or even (this is very much out of left field) as a co-host for Gilles Bouleau on Le 20H?

The only issue I have with that is that they brought in Marie-Sophie from France 2 who hasn't been able to replicate what she did on the other side, because she's always going to be compared to JPP and Anne-Sophie would also have a similar problem.

France Télévisions and Anne-Sophie really need to sign a new contract to continue on France 2.

I don't think TF1 realised just how much of a void JPP left when he retired in 2020 as that iconic midday bulletin just isn't the same now and France 2 are benefitting from that.  The recent Canal+ issues which saw TF1 viewers switching to France 2 for news wouldn't have helped if they're not coming back.
Going off on a slight tangent here, but seeing the stuff about the snow in London reminded me of JPP's quote explaining why he made his 13H regionally-focused in the first place:

Quote:I was tired of only ever hearing about snow when three flakes fell on the Alma Bridge.

(The Alma Bridge, for those who don't know, is a major bridge in Paris across the Seine. The nearby tunnel was where Princess Diana died.)

(13-12-2022, 02:20 PM)London Lite Wrote:  The Première édition logo has been added to the lower thirds blue strap this week on BFMTV.

[Image: P%20EDITION%202022_12_13_03_25_00_ts_sna...36_374.jpg]

All shows now have this (barring specials like the Ukrainian First Lady's interview yesterday). Some are quite legible... others like le 90 minutes include the host's name and require a magnifying glass to read.

cdn.discordapp.com 
Web Image

[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • London Lite

Longtime France 3 newsreader Catherine Matausch, recently recovered from lung cancer, has made an exclusive interview to print magazine Télé Star, where she criticized the plans by FTV to implement the biggest relaunch of France 3's news programming since 2000, which will involve the replacement of the longtime 12/13 and 19/20 news blocks.

www.ozap.com 

To explain this what is happening, on FTV's last upfront conference, Delphine Ernotte announced the relaunch of France 3's news blocks, named Projet Tempo, which would involve the replacement of both 12/13 and 19/20 (composed of a regional bulletin, followed by a national one) in favour of two daily hour-long composite local, national and international newscasts, named after the Ici news website, a collaboration between France 3 and France Bleu (Radio France's local radio network), the partnership will extend to these new news hours, with France Bleu staff reporting during each bulletin. Additionally, France Info (both radio and TV) and France 24 will provide national and international news, with regions being able to place them on the schedule at their own discretion.

This is being done using existing budgets, resulting on various instances of industrial action so far in the season; however, Ernotte's plan is to launch the new combined offering at the start of next season. The existing France 3 national presenters will being reassigned: Carole Gaessler will present a daily newsflash on the preparations for the Paris 2024 Olympics, set to debut this Spring.
[-] The following 3 users Like Medianext.MX's post:
  • London Lite, matthieu1221, Roger Darthwell

I wish there was a plan to slot France 24 on France O's old TNT slot...

I've noticed changes in bulletin readers on TéléMatin and Franceinfo's La Matinale since the new year.

From September to December, Anne-Claire Poignard on TéléMatin and Élodie Largenton on Franceinfo and since January Johanna Ghiglia returned to TéléMatin while Fanny Conquy who has been working on the Public Senat channel has replaced Élodie on Franceinfo.

Conquy used to work on Franceinfo until she joined Public Senat.
  • Roger Darthwell

(16-01-2023, 03:16 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I've noticed changes in bulletin readers on TéléMatin and Franceinfo's La Matinale since the new year.

From September to December, Anne-Claire Poignard on TéléMatin and Élodie Largenton on Franceinfo and since January Johanna Ghiglia returned to TéléMatin while Fanny Conquy who has been working on the Public Senat channel has replaced Élodie on Franceinfo.   

Conquy used to work on Franceinfo until she joined Public Senat.

Franceinfo: have also had some changes since this Monday... as usual, 0 communication about this and pretty odd for it to be done quite randomly in mid-January.
  • London Lite

One of the changes appears to be Lucie Chaumette presenting a new strand of Le fil info from 16h-17h45.

[Image: fOw56jDv_o.jpg]
  • Roger Darthwell

Essentially the changes have been the return of two hour (ish) blocks rather than the itele-esque alternating presenters every hour throughout the daytime hours. Patricia Loison's show also got renamed, whilst the politics show is back at 19h.
  • London Lite