ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond)

(28-02-2024, 06:51 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Looks like we can expect some logo updates. The main ITV logo has been changed to a yellow blue gradient. www.tvzoneuk.com 
That's just the new corporate logo for ITV plc, which had previously remained unchanged from the original 5 segment graphic in 2013.

The secondary channel/streaming service logos have all been in single colours since 2013, and ITV1 since 2022. Even the end board for 'ITV Global Entertainments' has used a single colour since 2019. The corporate logo had looked increasingly out of place since then.

There is no indication in that article that anything will change other than in corporate material such as press releases and perhaps websites.

The idea of 'rolling it out' when nothing has changed sounded rather like word salad to justify a role.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, London Lite

(28-02-2024, 12:44 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  ITV have refreshed the corporate logo

www.itv.com 

"the brand refresh sees the overall Group Brand for ITV continue to evolve with ew logo colours."

Are they a bit on the nose then..?
[-] The following 4 users Like Otis Crump's post:
  • ethanjbrady, insert_good_username_here, orange, Spencer

I wonder if the channel logos and ITVX logo will also be altered? It'd be a simple change to add a gradient to them.

(29-02-2024, 01:21 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  I wonder if the channel logos and ITVX logo will also be altered? It'd be a simple change to add a gradient to them.

Why would they?

Its kind of clear from the article that this new corporate logo is an amalgamation of the colour taken from ITVX, ITV1 & ITV Studios.

Why would they then add a gradient to the channel logos?

I still like the 2013 rebrand better as a whole, but maybe that's just me?
[-] The following 4 users Like DJ Dave's post:
  • fanoftv, insert_good_username_here, RhysJR, UTVLifer

(29-02-2024, 07:58 PM)DJ Dave Wrote:  I still like the 2013 rebrand better as a whole, but maybe that's just me?
This rebrand is not bad for me, they mainly need to sort out some of the endboard issue

Otherwise, I think the ident concept is fine

Maybe the 2013 was better for certain things, less for others: and it quickly became a victim of individual channels getting their own identity, and so on

(28-02-2024, 06:51 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Looks like we can expect some logo updates. The main ITV logo has been changed to a yellow blue gradient. www.tvzoneuk.com 

The colours are nice, I guess. I don't see the point though. After all, its going to raise the printer ink budget for ITV plc letterheads.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Blubatt's post:
  • Brekkie, Mike

(29-02-2024, 07:58 PM)DJ Dave Wrote:  I still like the 2013 rebrand better as a whole, but maybe that's just me?

I don’t think that’s a controversial viewpoint at all.

The 2013 rebrand was far more thorough, better thought out and had a bit of class about it. I think the best you can say about the current look is it’s ‘okay’ and does a job, but boy, it’s bland.
[-] The following 5 users Like Spencer's post:
  • chevron, DJ Dave, fanoftv, Pip, Stuart

Yeah, I'm inclined to think DixonBaxi dropped the ball on this one.

(29-02-2024, 08:21 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  The colours are nice, I guess. I don't see the point though. After all, its going to raise the printer ink budget for ITV plc letterheads.

Wait until you find out their C-suite letter heads will be almost hologrammatic and colour shifting.